GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2 is for r

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thought so.

Has anyone done the DSG adaptation using the the ED software? I'm hoping this will fix my DSG issues I been experiencing for quite some time.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
I thought it shifted a little smoother after the adaptation.

Until it relearns your driving habits, seems to always go back. Mine did. I'm not to impressed with the Dsg tune. But as long as the clamp pressure is higher whatever.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Until it relearns your driving habits, seems to always go back. Mine did. I'm not to impressed with the Dsg tune. But as long as the clamp pressure is higher whatever.

At first the clamping pressure was never increased. Later the Eurodyne website said the clamping pressure is increased after multiple people emailed a few months back possibly close to a year or so and it might be related to the stage 2 file only. If i had known about it i would have just purchased a UM or APR tcu file from the beginning. I think some Cobb 5150 tuned is38 fella purchased the Eurodyne tcu file and it did not fix his dsg slipping issue (symptoms i have) so he switched to APR and his issues were fixed (assuming the clamping pressure is increased by a good amount)

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
In order to be truly happy with ED, you must be a 2015 6MT GTI, such as myself :p

I regret not getting a 6MT and slapping in a clutch:D
They only had this DSG with my trim and packages which was customer order and ditched during arrival so i jumped on it

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Yep. Everyone pretty much hit nail on the head. I drive in manual mode 70% of time because the dsg flash is fucking pathetic.
Shame on ED for leaving us with the this dsg flash when apr and um are soo much better, and im sure Cobb will be good too.

No fuckin way could any legimate performance minded driver ride around in a ED dsg car and not think of major improvements that could be made.

BrianThatCoolGuy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘22 GTI 6MT
I thought it shifted a little smoother after the adaptation.

Can you do the the DSG adaptation using the Eurodyne Tap tool or is it only with VCDS?

jrah

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you use a different DSG tune like APR and still use the ED ECU tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Q - I've asked that question several times in several different threads (including this one I'm pretty sure) and the best answer I've gotten is try the APR tune since they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. I've also read that you can only get UM stage 1 TCU tune unless you have their ECU tune ans stage 1 does not increase clamping pressure.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Q - I've asked that question several times in several different threads (including this one I'm pretty sure) and the best answer I've gotten is try the APR tune since they offer a 30 day money back guarantee. I've also read that you can only get UM stage 1 TCU tune unless you have their ECU tune ans stage 1 does not increase clamping pressure.

Yup that's pretty much sums up our options. I've been bitching about how much the ED TCU sucks since I installed the ED tune last year. You can use the APR TCU tune with the ED ECU tune of anyone wants to try it and report back.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Yup that's pretty much sums up our options. I've been bitching about how much the ED TCU sucks since I installed the ED tune last year. You can use the APR TCU tune with the ED ECU tune of anyone wants to try it and report back.

I'll have this combo shortly (cable in the mail), and can provide feedback.