GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Any News???
Yeah. Feels a ton better. I started at the 8-9% & 92-93% values. Took 1% torque request away, then worked my way inwards and dropped 2% in the next two rows, then 3%, and so on until I hit the middle.

Way more linear pedal response. Easier to modulate the boost input. The stock map was linear, but obviously all the downstream maps ramp boost in non-linearly dependent on time at a specified pedal position.

@Diggs24 cooked up a slightly different map from mine. Haven't tried it yet. We got snow flurries today. WTF.

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
So I put my stock dp back on to pass emissions, and flashed back to stock. Winter wheels and tires are about to go on this weekend. Would it be crazy to just load up the 1.5 adjustable with my IS38+ and keep the stock dp on for the winter?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I put my stock dp back on to pass emissions, and flashed back to stock. Winter wheels and tires are about to go on this weekend. Would it be crazy to just load up the 1.5 adjustable with my IS38+ and keep the stock dp on for the winter?
Wouldnt be crazy. Just missing out on some power.

The Goose

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG PP
The Toyo Celsius tires will probably like less power. Last winter the fronts took a beating. LOL

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I was able to successfully enable backfire mode (pops and bangs or crackle) with maestro for my GTI.

Running OEM IS38, catless CTS DP, REV9 catback, WMI

Here's the settings I used for reference. May differ based on your box code.

View attachment 211873View attachment 211874View attachment 211875View attachment 211876View attachment 211877View attachment 211878

It's not super annoying or too loud IMHO. I'm DSG, so most noticeable on decel.
Did not work for me but I am MT. Anybody successfully do this?

*edit*
Never mind it works. Just had to let the car warm up =P
I changed the "Activation Time in Sport Mode" from 5 to 1 across the board. Its super subtle; tried recording the idle with my iPhone but it doesnt pick up the burble. Will try the stock setting to see if I get the gunfire mode.

*edit 2*
Swapped in fresh plugs (Brisk ER12S) gapped to ~0.024. Burbles now like a charm. Old plugs were 0.03+.

*edit 3*
Spent a week or so trying to figure out how to make it more consistent. From what I've read the formula is high rpm, low load (mg/stk), - ignition timing. The above settings only worked after the exhaust heats up. My current/final setup is as follows. Mods: Manual, Invidia catless DP, 3" Beluga exhaust, Brisk ER12S gapped @ 0.024. Normal is subtle, Sport is loud on hard accel/decel.
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Last edited:

Driver09

Does anyone know what fault codes need to be changed to get all the readiness monitors enabled?

I started out with 3 of them Not activated.

Catalytic Converter Monitoring
Monitoring of Catalytic Converter at operating temperature
Monitoring of Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System

I changed both p0420 & p2270 in failure class #1 & #2 to match a stage 1 tune. This got the Catalytic Converter Monitoring activated. Any ideas on the other 2?

Trying to prevent going back to stock or stage 1 tune just for a inspection. I believe I could also get away with enabling just 1 more as we can have 1 readiness failure here in NY.

Appreciate the input!!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Does anyone know what fault codes need to be changed to get all the readiness monitors enabled?

I started out with 3 of them Not activated.

Catalytic Converter Monitoring
Monitoring of Catalytic Converter at operating temperature
Monitoring of Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System

I changed both p0420 & p2270 in failure class #1 & #2 to match a stage 1 tune. This got the Catalytic Converter Monitoring activated. Any ideas on the other 2?

Trying to prevent going back to stock or stage 1 tune just for a inspection. I believe I could also get away with enabling just 1 more as we can have 1 readiness failure here in NY.

Appreciate the input!!
My Cat operating at temp is "not activated". I think this is normal. Do you have a secondary air system? Does your car have a thick hose that clips in to the airbox? Does it say not active, or not ready?

This is what I have which has gotten me passed in the last 3 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220102-125323.png
    Screenshot_20220102-125323.png
    646.4 KB · Views: 74

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
is this a GTI or your S3? Second part of my question is what zumble is getting at too--does it have SAI?

I can look at a stock file and let you know if theres any other diffs

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
is this a GTI or your S3? Second part of my question is what zumble is getting at too--does it have SAI?

I can look at a stock file and let you know if theres any other diffs
I gave him the stage 1 file from my 1.8 to compare, but it's possible the S3 has something different.

Driver09

My Cat operating at temp is "not activated". I think this is normal. Do you have a secondary air system? Does your car have a thick hose that clips in to the airbox? Does it say not active, or not ready?

This is what I have which has gotten me passed in the last 3 years.

That is good info which leads me to believe I need to pin down how to enable Monitoring of Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System. It says not activated, just like the "Catalytic Converter monitoring" did before I enabled the failure codes listed above in my first post. The "Catalytic Converter monitoring" is showing as not completed as I still need to drive some more, but it seems to be functioning. If I go back to the original file it lists it as not activated.

I do have the stock air box setup still, I know there is a hose.

I have a feeling I am missing one of them. I will have to keep comparing to see if I find anything else. Wish I could export the values and diff the files in some way. Figured I would ask incase someone has been down this road. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That is good info which leads me to believe I need to pin down how to enable Monitoring of Secondary Air Injection (AIR) System. It says not activated, just like the "Catalytic Converter monitoring" did before I enabled the failure codes listed above in my first post. The "Catalytic Converter monitoring" is showing as not completed as I still need to drive some more, but it seems to be functioning. If I go back to the original file it lists it as not activated.

I do have the stock air box setup still, I know there is a hose.

I have a feeling I am missing one of them. I will have to keep comparing to see if I find anything else. Wish I could export the values and diff the files in some way. Figured I would ask incase someone has been down this road. Thanks guys!
Yea check it again. It's likely you just missed one.

tellum

Hey guys, new to MK7 tuning, but not VW tuning in general. I currently have a 2018 Alltrack w/ DSG, on ED Maestro stage 1 base file right now, but installing IS38 w/ Golf R downpipe in the coming weeks. I have the IS20 base file to get me started, but was hoping someone had an IS38 file I could take a look at, or point me in the right direction to massage my IS20 file to work with the IS38. Thanks!

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, new to MK7 tuning, but not VW tuning in general. I currently have a 2018 Alltrack w/ DSG, on ED Maestro stage 1 base file right now, but installing IS38 w/ Golf R downpipe in the coming weeks. I have the IS20 base file to get me started, but was hoping someone had an IS38 file I could take a look at, or point me in the right direction to massage my IS20 file to work with the IS38. Thanks!
Hit up Railroader on here, he can make you a good tune. Look up GLS Tuning on FB if you have it.