GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone ran an OEM IS20 (A3/GTI) on full E85 with upgraded HPFP using Maestro?

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
You probably have some mechanical problems. If you have ethanol in the tank, you should be able to hit the numbers your tune is asking for.
I would expect the single 3-4 pulls to look equally as bad then, no? But they look pretty good and are hitting 12 degrees up top.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Just do select all for measuring blocks please. It's best to record everything.

Ok I ran into what I think is a glitchy app bug.
If I don’t select any parameters, I will get most useful parameters except for “actual gear”
If I manually select every parameter, I only get values on like 10 or so. I’m sure this is just an early app enhancement ask.

Anyway I logged a bunch of info and then trashed it all cause it was useless in the end.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
With good ethanol, try bumping the slider to 91 before raising the boost. That will bring up your timing even when not in boost. It should make the car feel nicer to drive all around. If you just pump the boost the car will feel sluggish unless in boost.

I took a bit of a break logging as I am loving how my car is running at 91oct-22psi with ethanol, needed to go a a few non scientific drives to clear my head.

Having the boost way lower that the file I came from is really enjoyable at 91 on the slider.
Next up I want to log a bit at 93, I’ve done a few short highway drives and I’m seeing occasional single cylinder but need to do way more work.
I also need to see at what point on the slider is best with my shitty 91 California gas so I can rule out the original bad batch convo.

For now I just filled the tank again at about E28 factoring in the 2 gallons left over. Off from work for the week so expect some data (in between the cleaning projects the wifey has planned of course!)

Mostly 3rd and 4th

https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/1-22-91-22?log=0&data=1

Jimmy

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I took a bit of a break logging as I am loving how my car is running at 91oct-22psi with ethanol, needed to go a a few non scientific drives to clear my head.

Having the boost way lower that the file I came from is really enjoyable at 91 on the slider.
Next up I want to log a bit at 93, I’ve done a few short highway drives and I’m seeing occasional single cylinder but need to do way more work.
I also need to see at what point on the slider is best with my shitty 91 California gas so I can rule out the original bad batch convo.

For now I just filled the tank again at about E28 factoring in the 2 gallons left over. Off from work for the week so expect some data (in between the cleaning projects the wifey has planned of course!)

Mostly 3rd and 4th

https://datazap.me/u/knifebright/1-22-91-22?log=0&data=1

Jimmy
Careful when just randomly mixing like that. Are you using a ethanol calculator?

Anyways The logs look fine for the fuel you have. You can try 93.

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
https://datazap.me/u/golfmk7r/log-1611449968?log=0&data=1

First log: 87 Octane/23 PSI. 1st through 4th gear. Really bad KR.

Second: 91 Octane/26 PSI. 4th gear only. Pretty much no KR.

Since I last logged I have filled up from nearly empty (14.2 gallons) with 93 from a different station(BP).
Spark plugs have been changed to brand new NGK RS7 plugs. I also performed a compression test. Each cylinder was right around 160-170. The issue still persists. At this point it has to be false knock, right?

Last edited:

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
https://datazap.me/u/golfmk7r/log-1611449968?log=0&data=1

First log: 87 Octane/23 PSI. 1st through 4th gear. Really bad KR.

Second: 91 Octane/26 PSI. 4th gear only. Pretty much no KR.

Since I last logged I have filled up from nearly empty (14.2 gallons) with 93 from a different station(BP).
Spark plugs have been changed to brand new NGK RS7 plugs. I also performed a compression test. Each cylinder was right around 160-170. The issue still persists. At this point it has to be false knock, right?
what happens if you do 1st through 4th on 91/26?

NSchultz7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 Turbo Blue S4
You’re getting more KR with the octane setting lower? I too am lost!
Are those spark plugs a cooler step than your previous ones or were you always running those? I’m currently using stock plugs I changed at 40 and it’s time for a new set so thinking about what I should go with
Yep, plugs are a step colder. I was always on stock plugs before this.
@ZuMBLe nope no codes at all

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
Cool
I think I’m going to just leave stock/stock heat/gap but I’m actually bringing my car in this maintenance so I’ll see what my shop thinks.
I like to do my own maintenance because if I’m driving to Griffen Motor Werx... I’m getting something fun that I can’t install myself 😜
Yep, plugs are a step colder. I was always on stock plugs before this.
@ZuMBLe nope no codes at all

ErBall

Measurement Mogul
Car(s)
MQB A3
Who are the go-to Meastro tuning people these days? I've been out of the game for a year or so, and am thinking about adding port fueling to my tpc20 this spring.