GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne for MK7 1.8s

Slick99

Ready to race!
i have been running JB4 since 2 years and before a year or so was running JB1, was thinking to get flash tune stage 2. Which i found out only Uni and Eurodyne does by obd flash tool at ur own garage, my ques is which tune is better to run with JB4 on stock IS12 turbo.
There's no flash tuner of VAG cars where i live and my A3 is 1.8TFSI 7 speed dsg.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Uni is probably your best choice to stack with unless you go Maestro.

i have been running JB4 since 2 years and before a year or so was running JB1, was thinking to get flash tune stage 2. Which i found out only Uni and Eurodyne does by obd flash tool at ur own garage, my ques is which tune is better to run with JB4 on stock IS12 turbo.
There's no flash tuner of VAG cars where i live and my A3 is 1.8TFSI 7 speed dsg.

Slick99

Ready to race!
Uni is probably your best choice to stack with unless you go Maestro.

what will the cost of both, Unitronic stage 2 with obd tool + cable and Eurodyne stage 2 with obd tool + cable, is Meastro seperate software from eurodyne?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
what will the cost of both, Unitronic stage 2 with obd tool + cable and Eurodyne stage 2 with obd tool + cable, is Meastro seperate software from eurodyne?
Maestro is around 800 all in. Not sure about uni.

CharlesK19

I'm on the fence about what to do when I upgrade the turbo. IS20 is easy since Maestro has a base file.

But who has an IS38, and how hard is it to create a file with Maestro? How much extra will that cost, as it will be my dealer doing it all, as I don't have any knowledge on how to tune or create a file.

My dealer could quickly flash the base IS20, but not sure how long it would take to create a custom file for the IS38.

Any experience or input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Why would you flash at a dealer when you can flash maestro at home? If you know nothing about tuning a car, you'll definitely want to hit up a tuner. You'll be able to flash the IS20 base file and drive around, but you're going to want to get that tuned eventually. You can get by by lowering the timing slider and boost sliders until you get properly tuned.

I'm on the fence about what to do when I upgrade the turbo. IS20 is easy since Maestro has a base file.

But who has an IS38, and how hard is it to create a file with Maestro? How much extra will that cost, as it will be my dealer doing it all, as I don't have any knowledge on how to tune or create a file.

My dealer could quickly flash the base IS20, but not sure how long it would take to create a custom file for the IS38.

Any experience or input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Thanks for starting this thread as I'm thinking of moving on from JB4 to a flash (some autocross classes allows flash but not piggyback for some reason).

Does eurodyne maestro have ability to enable left foot braking?

If I stick with is12 turbo and perhaps a catted downpipe, does maestro have any advantages over other flashes such as APR? Or is it more for folks adding additional hardware?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for starting this thread as I'm thinking of moving on from JB4 to a flash (some autocross classes allows flash but not piggyback for some reason).

Does eurodyne maestro have ability to enable left foot braking?

If I stick with is12 turbo and perhaps a catted downpipe, does maestro have any advantages over other flashes such as APR? Or is it more for folks adding additional hardware?

Maestro gives you way more control over the ECU than APR. With Maestro, you get a base map that will run decently. Right after flashign the base file, yoou will be able to "tune" timing and boost via sliders. You don't even need to touch any tuning tables. Already thats more than APR can do. You can then tune your own timing and boost curves. You can adjust limits, etc. The 1.8 support is not as robust as 2.0 though. :(

Maestro left foot brake does not seem to work the same way as APR did on my car. If I am on the gas and then hit the brake, the throttle cuts. I can left foot brake to brake torque though. I can hit the brake, then hit the gas and it will build boost. If your car is DSG, it may work "properly" for you. Eurodyne said left foot brake worked properly on their DSG development car. My car is 6 MT.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Thanks.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I heard from Chris that there's no plans right now for MPI on the 1.8t and there's nothing available for turbos bigger than the is20. Same answers that I got a few months ago before I bought my turbo.

Ecutek said they do have port injection support, and basic map tuning for the Simos 18 and 18.1 1.8T... I might be switching to that or UM (though I like the idea of flashing from home).

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
I heard from Chris that there's no plans right now for MPI on the 1.8t and there's nothing available for turbos bigger than the is20. Same answers that I got a few months ago before I bought my turbo.

Ecutek said they do have port injection support, and basic map tuning for the Simos 18 and 18.1 1.8T... I might be switching to that or UM (though I like the idea of flashing from home).

How recently did you get this info from EcuTek? Last I heard (about a month ago) they said flexfuel shouldn't be an issue, but they were working on port injection, and didn't have support for CAL ID's for Mk7.5 1.8T vehicles. Strongly considering this platform for a turbo upgrade with MPI.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
How recently did you get this info from EcuTek? Last I heard (about a month ago) they said flexfuel shouldn't be an issue, but they were working on port injection, and didn't have support for CAL ID's for Mk7.5 1.8T vehicles. Strongly considering this platform for a turbo upgrade with MPI.

This is all for protune right? Not for self tune?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I thought ecutek didn't support 1.8 yet

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
For protune. HP Tuners has apparently been "working on it" (support for the Mk7/7.5) for awhile without any recent updates.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion

I got the email response yesterday.
"2 Apr, 14:50 BST

Hi Joseph,

We have basic support for the SEMOS 18 and 18.1 ECUs in the 1.8T but no support for the SIMOS 12 ECUs. As I'm not sure what you have in your car I can't tell. Port injection support is now working, Map support is continuing to improve.

Tobin
Tobin Sinclair
Sales and Marketing Director
EcuTek Technologies Ltd"

5150 had given me the same info but I wanted to contact ecutek directly given all their marketing material.

Decisions decisions. Try to tweak the is20 file for my dbv2? Or just just ship now.