GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Eurodyne for MK7 1.8s

ZuMBLe

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Custom tuning on the 1.8 is something I've actually become quite interested in recently. Been planning a turbo upgrade over my is20, and I'm currently torn between going with a hybrid is20 to keep my low end spool or just grabbing an L380 from littco. While I could probably get away with a Jb4 on the former, I'd much rather have it done "right" if that makes any sense.

Besides living in California the ability to modify my tune at home is kinda nice. When I eventually have to start smogging it'll be nice not having to drive all the way up to my APR dealer lol.
Having Maestro would make turbo upgrades, CEL defeat from DP, etc much easier to deal with. The APR upgrade from IS20 to IS38 on APR is like $300 or something anyway?

Eurodyne told me they don't have a base map for a IS38, but you could use the IS20 map as a base to tune for the IS38. I assume you'd do the same with any factory location turbo. Of course you have the option of getting a protune too. The base map they have for the 1.8 IS20 is a DP tune. I guess one could just use the slider adjustability to just pull back target boost a PSI or two for no DP.

jonatj

Gave up my JB4 for Eurodyne

I had been running the JB4 stacked with ED stage 1, but it seemed a little wonky. I pulled out the JB4 today and did a test drive, seems better. I had a local VW shop do the flash for me, but now I'm reading up on the Maestro.

But Eurodyne's website is hard to understand. Looks like the Powertap is the physical programming device and the Maestro tuning suite the Powertap plus additional software ($799). The Maestro comes with the base files and you can customize and Recode. I'm wondering if I wasted the $499 to have my mechanic flash with his Powertap, when I could have bought the Maestro suite for $300 more. I'm not going to get some kinda credit for already having it flashes right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing a DP and maybe and is20. Seems like the Maestro is going to be the best option for tuning after those mods.

Anyone with Maestro doing long coding?

CharlesK19

Hey everyone,

I recently got a Mk7 GSW with DSG, and got a Eurodyne tune with a downpipe and TCU tune at the same time.

Often when I'm in Drive, and give about half throttle in 3rd gear to 6th gear, I'll feel a lot of shudder around 2500 RPM, I'm assuming it's from the transmission.

My dealer believes it's because the half throttle input tells the ECU to build boost, but it's not always enough for the transmission to kick down a gear.

I find the Eurodyne tune likes to keep the RPM's as low as possible in Drive.

As soon as the RPM's go past 3000 the shuddering stops.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's because the IS12 builds a lot of boost quickly at low RPM.

I'm thinking of going to an IS20 soon, but don't want to dump a bunch of money until I figure out why I'm having this shudder.

Thanks.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Ride
2018 SE DSG
Hey everyone,

I recently got a Mk7 GSW with DSG, and got a Eurodyne tune with a downpipe and TCU tune at the same time.

Often when I'm in Drive, and give about half throttle in 3rd gear to 6th gear, I'll feel a lot of shudder around 2500 RPM, I'm assuming it's from the transmission.

My dealer believes it's because the half throttle input tells the ECU to build boost, but it's not always enough for the transmission to kick down a gear.

I find the Eurodyne tune likes to keep the RPM's as low as possible in Drive.

As soon as the RPM's go past 3000 the shuddering stops.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm wondering if it's because the IS12 builds a lot of boost quickly at low RPM.

I'm thinking of going to an IS20 soon, but don't want to dump a bunch of money until I figure out why I'm having this shudder.

Thanks.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

You need a better TCU tune.

Slick99

Ready to race!
i have been running JB4 since 2 years and before a year or so was running JB1, was thinking to get flash tune stage 2. Which i found out only Uni and Eurodyne does by obd flash tool at ur own garage, my ques is which tune is better to run with JB4 on stock IS12 turbo.
There's no flash tuner of VAG cars where i live and my A3 is 1.8TFSI 7 speed dsg.

ZuMBLe

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Uni is probably your best choice to stack with unless you go Maestro.

i have been running JB4 since 2 years and before a year or so was running JB1, was thinking to get flash tune stage 2. Which i found out only Uni and Eurodyne does by obd flash tool at ur own garage, my ques is which tune is better to run with JB4 on stock IS12 turbo.
There's no flash tuner of VAG cars where i live and my A3 is 1.8TFSI 7 speed dsg.

ZuMBLe

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
what will the cost of both, Unitronic stage 2 with obd tool + cable and Eurodyne stage 2 with obd tool + cable, is Meastro seperate software from eurodyne?
Maestro is around 800 all in. Not sure about uni.

CharlesK19

I'm on the fence about what to do when I upgrade the turbo. IS20 is easy since Maestro has a base file.

But who has an IS38, and how hard is it to create a file with Maestro? How much extra will that cost, as it will be my dealer doing it all, as I don't have any knowledge on how to tune or create a file.

My dealer could quickly flash the base IS20, but not sure how long it would take to create a custom file for the IS38.

Any experience or input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

ZuMBLe

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Why would you flash at a dealer when you can flash maestro at home? If you know nothing about tuning a car, you'll definitely want to hit up a tuner. You'll be able to flash the IS20 base file and drive around, but you're going to want to get that tuned eventually. You can get by by lowering the timing slider and boost sliders until you get properly tuned.

I'm on the fence about what to do when I upgrade the turbo. IS20 is easy since Maestro has a base file.

But who has an IS38, and how hard is it to create a file with Maestro? How much extra will that cost, as it will be my dealer doing it all, as I don't have any knowledge on how to tune or create a file.

My dealer could quickly flash the base IS20, but not sure how long it would take to create a custom file for the IS38.

Any experience or input would be appreciated!

Thanks.

odessa.filez

Ready to race!
Thanks for starting this thread as I'm thinking of moving on from JB4 to a flash (some autocross classes allows flash but not piggyback for some reason).

Does eurodyne maestro have ability to enable left foot braking?

If I stick with is12 turbo and perhaps a catted downpipe, does maestro have any advantages over other flashes such as APR? Or is it more for folks adding additional hardware?

ZuMBLe

Drag Racing Champion
Ride
Alltrack 6MT
Thanks for starting this thread as I'm thinking of moving on from JB4 to a flash (some autocross classes allows flash but not piggyback for some reason).

Does eurodyne maestro have ability to enable left foot braking?

If I stick with is12 turbo and perhaps a catted downpipe, does maestro have any advantages over other flashes such as APR? Or is it more for folks adding additional hardware?
Maestro gives you way more control over the ECU than APR. With Maestro, you get a base map that will run decently. Right after flashign the base file, yoou will be able to "tune" timing and boost via sliders. You don't even need to touch any tuning tables. Already thats more than APR can do. You can then tune your own timing and boost curves. You can adjust limits, etc. The 1.8 support is not as robust as 2.0 though. :(

Maestro left foot brake does not seem to work the same way as APR did on my car. If I am on the gas and then hit the brake, the throttle cuts. I can left foot brake to brake torque though. I can hit the brake, then hit the gas and it will build boost. If your car is DSG, it may work "properly" for you. Eurodyne said left foot brake worked properly on their DSG development car. My car is 6 MT.

joedubs2

I heard from Chris that there's no plans right now for MPI on the 1.8t and there's nothing available for turbos bigger than the is20. Same answers that I got a few months ago before I bought my turbo.

Ecutek said they do have port injection support, and basic map tuning for the Simos 18 and 18.1 1.8T... I might be switching to that or UM (though I like the idea of flashing from home).