GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne for MK7 1.8s

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
Well that’s good progress. Anyone know which SIMOS (12, 18, 18.1) ECU corresponds to which 1.8T Golf 7/7.5 vehicles?

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
My 17 Alltrack is a Simos 18.
I believe only the early 1.8ts had the 12. AFAIK the 4mo 1.8t has the 18.
But I have my box code available. I don't recall the actual version. I can plug in later today/tomorrow and check.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I would think the Simos 18 is for Alltracks or awd Golfs. Just speculative on my part, but reached out to United Motorsports, and they only support the AWD Golfs and that kind of aligns with ecutek.

Reason I'm researching is because I'm getting a Littco L380 (hopefully) and I could probably go APR IS38 tune which would be the cheapest as I'm already APR Stage 1, but I think the Littco has more in it and would like to go custom. UM would have been great with their flex fuel tune, but oh well.

I looked at Unitronic, but other than being able to flash at home, no benefit.

No ecutek for fwd golfs
No Cobb

I guess only option is Maestro, but haven't seen enough info on here about it. I looked on the website and it only shows stage 1 tune. Nothing about custom tunes for the 1.8 although see some mention on here.

Any feedback from anyone tuned with Eurodyne? What tuner? Can you get a 93 tune and e30/e50 tune and just flat whatever you want when you want?

Different tunes (e30 and 93) and ability to flash at home would be nice to have, but might just end up at apr as in really more of set it and forget it type.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I guess only option is Maestro, but haven't seen enough info on here about it. I looked on the website and it only shows stage 1 tune. Nothing about custom tunes for the 1.8 although see some mention on here.

Any feedback from anyone tuned with Eurodyne? What tuner? Can you get a 93 tune and e30/e50 tune and just flat whatever you want when you want?

Different tunes (e30 and 93) and ability to flash at home would be nice to have, but might just end up at apr as in really more of set it and forget it type.

Are you 1.8 FWD? Not sure if ED/Maestro if available for FWD.

My Alltrack is running on Maestro. My car is self tuned. I'm going to guess most pro ED tuners don't have a good base map for the 1.8s. Maybe Moose does.

With Eurodyne, you get flash at home and adjustable timing and boost via slider. The 1.8 AWD cars don't have enough fuel pump to support e50, I doubt the FWD car does either. You can do E30 depending on boost. There is a eurodyne thread in the GTI section and a Maestro thread (not much there) in the R section.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Are you 1.8 FWD? Not sure if ED/Maestro if available for FWD.

My Alltrack is running on Maestro. My car is self tuned. I'm going to guess most pro ED tuners don't have a good base map for the 1.8s. Maybe Moose does.

With Eurodyne, you get flash at home and adjustable timing and boost via slider. The 1.8 AWD cars don't have enough fuel pump to support e50, I doubt the FWD car does either. You can do E30 depending on boost. There is a eurodyne thread in the GTI section and a Maestro thread (not much there) in the R section.

Yeah, I'm fwd 1.8 manual. Guess I'll have to email them.

UnderdogA3

Passed Driver's Ed
I contacted UM and ECUTECK nothing for 1.8 fwd. ED does not have maestro for the platform either granted im an audi. Im just running a jb4 map 6 maxed out and seem to have enough pump for e50 but still testing but I am still is12. Looking at apr is38 tune and adding a meth map stack until support is out there

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
I contacted UM and ECUTECK nothing for 1.8 fwd. ED does not have maestro for the platform either granted im an audi. Im just running a jb4 map 6 maxed out and seem to have enough pump for e50 but still testing but I am still is12. Looking at apr is38 tune and adding a meth map stack until support is out there
What's maxed out? What are your settings and FOL? Are you using a downpipe? The stock ecu will adjust up to e30 safely, beyond that you can run lean without a proper tune. Also, are you fwd and DSG with the A3?

UnderdogA3

Passed Driver's Ed
I am maxed out on what I'm going to get out of the car with the is12. Boost is all the way up and running e50 took going to FOL of 75. Full bolt ons like everything looking to move to bigger turbo. Im undecided on the is20 vs is38 due to lack of support for the car and what I can safely run with the fueling system.

tplociniak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack SEL
Go is38 and get a tune, I’ve had both is20 and is38

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
I figured I'd post here just because.

Currently street tuning my dbv2 v2 with the stock fuel system (613b6 is doing it for me).

The car runs great aside from an underboost code which throws an EPC/Limp mode at redline. He sent me a new file and I haven't flashed it yet. That should be fixed.

Underboost makes sense on an early revision file (since the turbo is pretty big), but whats got me confused is a random code that eurodyne diagnostic couldn't display. Anybody ever see 29384? Details below.

3 Fault codes found :

14914 :
Turbo/Super Charger Underboost
P0299
Fault status : 01100000
Not active
Active at least once since DTC's cleared
Not yet tested in this driving cycle
Warning lamp off

15181 :
Turbo Boost Pressure Not Detected Mechanical
P2261
Fault status : 01101101
Active
Active at least once in current or last driving cycle
Confirmed
Not yet tested in this driving cycle
Warning lamp off

29384 :
Code unknown..
P0000
Fault status : 10101100
Not active
Active at least once in current or last driving cycle
Confirmed
Warning lamp on

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
That’s what I got when I had the dbv2. The tune is requesting too much boost down low.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
@crxgator and @Diggs24 , we figured that and he said it should be under control with the new file.

The 3rd unknown code is what I don't get.
I wonder if it's a limp mode code or something.

- The first time I got the EPC after normal driving I only had the first two codes. no limp mode.
- The second time I got the EPC was during a pull and I also got limp mode. I had all 3 codes (warning lamp was off for the unknown code).
- The third time I got the EPC was also during a pull and I also ended up in limp. That time the CEL came on (and the warning light status for the unknown code is on.

Idk how you guys do dragy pulls to 130mph on the street. I'm too old for that shit now.

joedubs

Go Kart Champion
New file has those codes under control, though I did try doing a pull and I had the throttle shut at 5500 RPM as it was spiking up to 25psi. The log looks funny. I know enough about tuning to be a huge pain in the ass.

I sent it to Sam, I'm sure he'll get it sorted out. The car feels really good coming into boost and it really is super fun even at the current levels.