GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne for MK7 1.8s

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
How many of you are running Eurodyne on your 1.8s? Wondering what your experiences are with the tunes. I'm thinking of going from APR/JB4 stack to ED Maestro/JB4 stack.

Is anyone running Eurodyne/Maestro with the IS20? I'd love to hear your experience.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
How many of you are running Eurodyne on your 1.8s? Wondering what your experiences are with the tunes. I'm thinking of going from APR/JB4 stack to ED Maestro/JB4 stack.

Is anyone running Eurodyne/Maestro with the IS20? I'd love to hear your experience.

You won't need a JB4 stack with Maestro. It will do everything you need. Garretto ran in the 11's with his is38 Alltrack on Maestro. It is a good set up. I would also look into United Motorsports though. They cam out after Maestro and are supposedly even better. I can also put you in touch with a guy named Ian from the facebook group who is doing a lot of work on the 1.8 cars. He can offer a protune that he writes himself. He has a handheld device that holds the different tunes and can do diagnostics and logging. So far he has a 1.8 manual that is making 300/330 at the wheels on just 20 psi with is20. He is also working on getting the 2.0 hpfp working for our engines and possibly flex fuel down the road. I think the more support he hets from us the more he can put into it. It is nice having someone willing to dedicate themselves to the 1.8

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm likely going to keep the JB4 on there as a fancy boost controller and logger. I think when the base tune is conservative in the timing dept, there is room to use a boost controller like the JB4. The JB4 is just really good even though it doesn't do the heavy lifting on my car. Where the JB4 makes 80% of the power on stock ECU cars, on my car the JB4 makes +5%, or takes away ~20% (I run only 20 psi for everyday). The JB4 display, valet mode, and quick boost changes can't be touched by anything except Cobb right now. I'm not sure we will ever get Cobb.

I'm choosing ED over UM because of Maestro. Someone also wrote a phone app which can change the ED boost and octane sliders using a OBDII BT dongle and your phone. That's actually what pushed me over the edge. You have to pay more for that UM feature and you still don't have the option to self tune or protune.

I'm interested in Ian! Is he in the NY/NJ/CT area also? He tunes using something completely different, or is it Maestro? 300 at the wheels with a IS20 and 20 PSI sounds like what I am shooting for. I'd love some better ethanol support also.

Why haven't you gone flash yet?? You've beaten the shit out of your car a bit and done some iffy things. The car is still running, don't tell me it's cuz of your warranty!

You won't need a JB4 stack with Maestro. It will do everything you need. Garretto ran in the 11's with his is38 Alltrack on Maestro. It is a good set up. I would also look into United Motorsports though. They cam out after Maestro and are supposedly even better. I can also put you in touch with a guy named Ian from the facebook group who is doing a lot of work on the 1.8 cars. He can offer a protune that he writes himself. He has a handheld device that holds the different tunes and can do diagnostics and logging. So far he has a 1.8 manual that is making 300/330 at the wheels on just 20 psi with is20. He is also working on getting the 2.0 hpfp working for our engines and possibly flex fuel down the road. I think the more support he hets from us the more he can put into it. It is nice having someone willing to dedicate themselves to the 1.8

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
JB4 + BT App is too good for logging and live gauges when I want it. I get joy from the JB4 even when it's not being used for performance. example: I installed a turbo blanket about a month ago and love watching the IATs in traffic etc. ;) When I get my IC installed, I'll be able to run logs without a laptop etc.

Unless the JB4 would actually interfere with Maestro/ED tune when the car is running, I'd likely keep it.

You won't need or want JB4 if you have Maestro.

black forest ind

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
All of them
JB4 will interfere with Maestro. You need to remove it.

- Garrett / Garetto

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Can you elaborate how? If I set the JB4 to MAP 0 while tuning, will the JB4 do weird things because the JB4s OBD cable is unplugged? Having the JB4/Phone gauges, logging, log viewer is just so nice for checking the health of the car.

If I did need to remove it, I guess the money would go towards Maestro. That's nice.

JB4 will interfere with Maestro. You need to remove it.

- Garrett / Garetto

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Did you put it in Map 0/4 before you unplugged? Whatever the map for pass through was on the firmware version you were using. Would not start is crazy.... Hmm.. I'm making my way through your build thread now. ;)

I'd prefer not to have any perm installed gauges. Having visible gauges makes valets think about flogging a car. If I really can't have the JB4 installed, P3 may be the way to go. Logging with the phone is SO nice.

When I unplugged it to log the car, the car would go into limp mode and sometimes not start. If you want gauges, I would get a P3. I don't drive around with any gauges once it's been tuned.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Ian is using his own. He is actually doing a true tune to the ECU. He can do more than you can do with Maestro. He is really putting in a lot of work on the 1.8, so it will be very good for us. Still in the early stages right now.
The main reason I havent flash tuned was because I'm a fwd auto. There was no support for is20 with that for so long. So the jb4 worked very well and I've been happy with it.

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
And basically, once he gets the hpfp all sorted, I'll be selling the jb4 and going with him.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Ian is using his own. He is actually doing a true tune to the ECU. He can do more than you can do with Maestro. He is really putting in a lot of work on the 1.8, so it will be very good for us. Still in the early stages right now.
The main reason I havent flash tuned was because I'm a fwd auto. There was no support for is20 with that for so long. So the jb4 worked very well and I've been happy with it.
This is Ian at Reflect Tuning? The website is kinda bad, but it shows he has a lot of experience on Euro ecus. I don't even see MK7 ecus listed as a service on his site (TCUs, yes).

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Damn. Posting as BFI now. Lol. No more glamour shot with the dog I guess.

Easier to post on my work computer during the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk