GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocode front/rear chassis brace for daily driver?

fiscalpuddle

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed the eurosport front strut bar and did a couple of figure 8s in an empty parking lot and I can instantly tell there is a slight improvement to steering feel and handling. I hardly feel it driving around town but it's noticeable when the car is loaded up in a turn.

I'd like to say that I am pretty mechanically uninclined and even this was a very easy install, around 20 minutes. For 130 bucks I would recommend it

emichel6888

Go Kart Champion
I have added strut bars to several cars, and I have to admit the effect was minimal (especially for street driving), but some folks I trust were raved about this one so I gave it a try. They were right, it makes a very noticeable improvement with turn in response, even just driving on the street you will immediately notice the improvement the first time you turn the wheel with any speed. I was a bit surprised at first and even disconnected it just to make sure I wasn't imagining it, but no it definitely made a very noticeable improvement. Then it dawned on me that every other car I had done this modification on was double A arm. This is my first strut performance car and when you think about it the strut is an integral part of your suspension geometry. So when you bolt the tops together with a stiff beffy steel bar, how could it not make a difference. This bar is a lot stiffer and beefier than it looks in the pics. I also have coil over,s LCA, SWB...

If you value sharper turn in response the front strut bar is absolutely worth doing.The rear bar seemed to low and the feedback was less enthusiastic on that one so I went with the fancy RL carbon fiber x race (mainly because it looked cool and did not require any cutting or drilling). However, the best thing I can say about that one (for street driving), is that it looks cool. It definitely stiffened up the rear, noticeable going over sharp bumps there is less body movement. I also have full bushings in the rear, sub frame mounts, dead set... It does help make the car more predictable/controllable when you get the car sideways going around corners at 80-90 mph.

But it also kills some of the practicality, the first time you go to put something big in the back and realize you have that big cool looking carbon fiber x brace... So the Eurocode rear bar is nice in that it doesn't restrict cargo space, but from my experience with the RL rear brace and what I hear about the Eurocode brace, for street driving I would just get the front bar and skip the rear for now. Based on your current modifications and described usage I think you will really appreciate the front bar. I also just saw that Eurcode has the front only on sale for $200 right now.

https://www.ecodetuning.com/ec0111-0302-eurocode-8v-mk7-mqb-front-chassis-brace.html?category_id=659

I am sure both work well,but for the same price I would definitely get the Euro code over the Euro sport, better bracket, pretension adjustment.

Rrrrrmatey

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Just had the Eurocode front bar put on...from the driving I’ve done so far, it’s definitely improved turn-in. Steering feels noticeably more precise and is very predictable. With the other suspension mods I’ve done, the car is really close to neutral now.

Probably not the most helpful photo ever, but gives a good idea of how low-key this looks when installed.

0400EF85-54F3-4512-90CD-384FD1CED760.jpeg

Last edited:

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
So I installed the rear brace. Tensioned the bar and torqued the bolts to what is spec'd in the instructions. My questions is that when I pull in the bar with my hand...I can see the two brackets that bolts to the body move. Is it supposed to do that? I double checked to make sure that the brackets are flush with the body of the car. Now I've mounted front and rear strut bars to other vehicles and they are solidly mounted to the body of the car. There is no movement whatsoever. This is the only "brace" that has any kind of movement that I've some across. I'm really skeptical that this actually does anything. This bar feels like a noodle compared to my friend's UNIbrace. I have a short twisty road by my house. I'm going to take the car through there tomorrow.

Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
So I installed the rear brace. Tensioned the bar and torqued the bolts to what is spec'd in the instructions. My questions is that when I pull in the bar with my hand...I can see the two brackets that bolts to the body move. Is it supposed to do that? I double checked to make sure that the brackets are flush with the body of the car. Now I've mounted front and rear strut bars to other vehicles and they are solidly mounted to the body of the car. There is no movement whatsoever. This is the only "brace" that has any kind of movement that I've some across.
My rear bar has no movement of any sort. I'm sure it's not supposed to do that as I can pull the bar with both hands without any movement.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
my rear brace is solid as a bank vault. zero movement and when i grab it and shake it the car shakes on the springs.

the eurocode rear brace doesn't look that effective to me so i went with the eurosport X brace. it attaches to the car with only 4 allen bolts so if i ever need to remove it to lay the back seats down flat i just keep the allen in the glovebox and it takes <1 minute to unscrew the 4 bolts.

it made an immediate and obvious improvement when installed. I could feel it just pulling out of the driveway

https://www.eurosportacc.com/products/euro-sport-rear-x-brace-stress-bar-vw-mk7-gti-golf-golf-r

Jshinz24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 SE MT
FYI Eurocode is currently running a great sale on these. Cheapest prices I have seen in my year looking at them.
Those are killer prices. I already ordered a lower rear brace from iSweep or I would have picked up the combo. $330 is a steal compared to the normal price.