GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Tell me more maybe I can help.
After one like this in piano black, I have a 5G6919605B screen.
VW are no help as they want chassis no & it's too much effort for them to look on their screen!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.1 KB · Views: 395

Al20V

I am also interested to know what the difference is, also looking for the part number for the frame for a RHD car.

5G6919605B - 5G6919605D - 8" Glass Touchscreen Display (w/ Nav)
Does anyone know what the difference between the B & D models are?

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Thanks ericek565,
ordered it from VW £136 fitted tonight..

Now I just need to decide if I do the whole piano black conversion......

ericek565

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk 7 Variant 2.0
That is awesome !
No problem I’m glad I could help.
The one thing I hate about the piano black is that when you touch something there are fingerprints everywhere even when you don’t touch anything there are fingerprints 😂... that is the one downside. But it looks great.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
The chinese "Gray" trim matches much better with the GTI interior from the MK7. That's what i have and you can barely tell a difference.

allgasnobrakes

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
My friend, I have an entire Google Doc dedicated to the MIB2 swap with part numbers for hardware, piano black trim, and Golf R beltline trim. I'll PM you the link.
Could you PM me the link as well? Thanks!

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Just discovered this upgrade.. been researching but have a few questions.. I have 2017 GTI SE.. so apparently plug and play with my model year with the MIB2 that I'm assuming I have??? does it matter that I have fender audio?? Any probs using this with a fender audio system? also my SIRIUSXM radio.. I assume I simply have to cancel my old radio ID and just provide siriusxm with whatever radio ID comes on any new head unit I buy? Does the APP button work on my '17 MY?
Also will i retain full functionality with apple carplay?

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just discovered this upgrade.. been researching but have a few questions.. I have 2017 GTI SE.. so apparently plug and play with my model year with the MIB2 that I'm assuming I have??? does it matter that I have fender audio?? Any probs using this with a fender audio system? also my SIRIUSXM radio.. I assume I simply have to cancel my old radio ID and just provide siriusxm with whatever radio ID comes on any new head unit I buy? Does the APP button work on my '17 MY?
Also will i retain full functionality with apple carplay?

Everything will remain the same. It's just a screen upgrade, the "brain" of the system remains the same.

Plug and play.

Fender audio is fine.

SiriusXM will work fine. No need to cancel and reinstate anything.

App button will work on a 2017. It will bring you to CarPlay/Android Auto.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Everything will remain the same. It's just a screen upgrade, the "brain" of the system remains the same.

Plug and play.

Fender audio is fine.

SiriusXM will work fine. No need to cancel and reinstate anything.

App button will work on a 2017. It will bring you to CarPlay/Android Auto.
Thanks for the reply and info.. much appreciated..

Lth0ms0n

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2013 Golf GTD
No knobs, 100% touch. Gesture control reportedly very gimmicky and flaky. Glossy screen shows fingerprints and dust immediately (so does the 8" newer screen for that matter).

8" matte screen from the "old" '16-'17 models is the sweet spot IMHO.
This is the one I've just fitted in my car, I love the idea of that glass one (the display looks so much clearer) but I don't want to swap out the trim for the gloss black in my GTD.

That said, anything would be sharper than the 5.8" Composition display I had prior to that!

I respectfully disagree :D

The display on the 8" glass is so much cleaner. Just finishing up the black interior trim swap as well on my 15'

I regret seeing this now though...that does actually look really good. I just didn't want to have to swap out all the carbon trim in my car for the black. Perhaps in a few years, I'll retrofit this into my car but I've just forked out for all the bits for the MIB2 now so maybe not!

I found a part number for the trim piece 5g1819728AGQYI which should be the correct bezel part.
A quick search returned this:
https://www.oemvolkswagenparts.us/oem-parts/volkswagen-air-vent-5g1819728agqyi

I'll post up everything after the holiday with pics if everything goes well, if you don't hear from me again...well things didn't work out :D LOL
I'm struggling to find a Carbon trim for my GTD to go with the MIB2 8" Matte display I'm fitting in to my car. How did you find it here, is it easy enough to search through it? Not even the dealer can help me because VW don't list the parts with descriptions...

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Does anyone know what the difference is between the model numbers of this unit? I found one that is Just 5G6-919-605.. i see ones that have a, c at the end of the part number that are non navi.. this one is neither and has a setup button on the upper right as opposed to APP on the other units.. this says h52 also.. is this a brand new ‘21 version?