GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
If you guys are really concerned with having that button function properly just go on eBay and keep your eyes open for an 844A (assuming you're non-nav) and swap it in. I paid $50 shipped for mine from a 17' GTI S with 4k miles. All you 16' already have MIB2 so it's literally just a direct swap and removal of CP as all your FeC's will transfer right over.

So I would need to have CP removed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
I just got a nav version of the screen. My mib2 swap is non nav. My touchscreen doesn't work correctly and none of the touch buttons work. The knobs work fine but that's it. Any idea what wrong? I get faults for software and incorrect coding but not sure how I would fix it

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
You sure you plugged in both wires? The blue and the black into the head unit? You have a 2016?

I plugged both in. Do you know what each one does? Is blue the controls? Maybe it was loose... I have a 2015 but retrofitted MIB2. Currently have the 6.5 screen

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Doubled checked by making sure everything was plugged in fully but no dice. Can anybody with themk7.5 8 inch screen replacement me what software version their 5f is on? Mine is 0753 and I wonder if it's just that

Sc629

Go Kart Newbie
Did you have Cp removed? Mib2 retrofit is not plug and play

Yes, mib2 itself has been working for months now. I have the 6.5in screen currently. Just the screen won't respond to touch. I do get a 5f fault for incompatibility so I'm think I just need an update

Aphex13

Passed Driver's Ed
I respectfully disagree :D

The display on the 8" glass is so much cleaner. Just finishing up the black interior trim swap as well on my 15'

Do you happen to have the part numbers fr the rest of the gloss trim? I'm considering upgrading to the glass screen, but the rest of the dash trim will drive me nuts if it doesn't match.

Thanks in advance.

mk3vr6me

Ready to race!
Yeah, it cost me more than the swap itself to source all the trim for the center stack but it's well worth it since it's all matchy matchy now. I'll PM you my google drive parts list.