GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
"Looks like I've stolen it from another car". That's exactly what it looks like - the rear of the thing looked all weathered and crappy. Some miscreant in Chicago or Newark probably going around smashing windows and boosting these things by the dozen, then selling on Ebay. Can't believe he installed it all cracked up like that.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
The glass is cracked...

Seeing that I'm the initial early adopter of said $30 ebay screens and my neighbor Kevinlan86 (who followed suit and let the world know of their existence) have both peeled the oleophobic coating off of each of ours to reveal flawless screens, I'm still in the "it's only scratches in the oleophobic coating" camp.

auditthxckid

Ready to race!
It’s so hit or miss when you buy these screens on eBay. I bought two of these from a seller in Moldova for $250 each. One for me and one for a friend. The screens and buttons were flawless but I had to spend a considerable amount of time bending the metal tabs on the back to get it to sit flush for one of the screens. Overall happy with the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Seeing that I'm the initial early adopter of said $30 ebay screens and my neighbor Kevinlan86 (who followed suit and let the world know of their existence) have both peeled the oleophobic coating off of each of ours to reveal flawless screens, I'm still in the "it's only scratches in the oleophobic coating" camp.

The glass is literally chipped and cracked.. how you can confuse that with a surface layer scratch is beyond me.

stuntnuts

Go Kart Newbie
The glass is literally chipped and cracked.. how you can confuse that with a surface layer scratch is beyond me.

Maybe his got obliterated, I can't tell looking at a youtube video on my phone, by my experience with these screens is the damage looks WAAAAAY worse than it actually is after a peel and/or a little elbow grease.

vlad0821

Do you happen to have the part numbers fr the rest of the gloss trim? I'm considering upgrading to the glass screen, but the rest of the dash trim will drive me nuts if it doesn't match.

Thanks in advance.

What part did you use for the screen 5G6919605A or 5G6919605C. I have android auto and reverse camera. Do you have a reverse camera on yours ?

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Guys, it's possible to install the 9,2 screen on golf gti Mk7 with mib 2 without change the mib? Change only the screen?
If you currently have the 8 inch Discover Pro, and want to install the 9.2 inch screen,it's s possible. But it's not plug and play, there are software changes needed on the MIB. The 9.2 inch MIB2.5 has slightly different partitioning and needs to know how to interact with the bigger screen. This means you need an expert that can convert it for you. I've done it a couple of times myself the last few months. It's not a fun or easy experience but when it's done you have a working 9.2 inch screen without needing to invest in a new main unit.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Which part number is the MIB2.5 unit?

thanks to Kevinlan86:

5G6919606 - 9.2" MIB2.5 Display Unit (Not compatible with MIBII Headunit --only 2.5)
5NA035043A Mid 2017 - MIB2.5 Glovebox Headunit (Non-DAB) - W/ Nav (facelift unit)
5NA035043B 2018 - MIB2.5 Glovebox Headunit (Non-DAB) - W/ Nav (facelift unit)

danielallen89

Hi, jumping on this thread hoping for help I'm wanting to do this upgrade but not sure what unit I have fitted it hasn't got sat nav as an option I will get model number once back in the car. I have the 2014 golf gtd appreciate any help