GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro MIB II 8" glass screen

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I don't have your exact year... but if you have a main unit in the glove box then you can use this screen.
I think the all-in-one center units only started in 2018 and only with S trim.

The code people mention when changing screens is a soft fault in 5F - Infotainment. You will only see it in a scan and it cause no issues if you never clear it. The fault is just the system indicating that the part/serial number of the new (to you) screen doesn't match what it expects.

But if you want to clear it... http://audienthusiasts.com/Application_SVMError.html

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
awesome ty

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Can someone that knows verify part# 5G6919605A will plug and play to my 2017 GTI SE (non-nav)? I heard a rumor that it plugs in, but will ask for a code? Anyone with my exact year swap with part# 5G6919605A and it work ok? Trying to make sure before I order. Thanks in advance.

The only thing that might prevent it being 100% plug and play is it being a nav version and your car being a non-nav. You might lose the nav button / not be able to use it for mute. As for a code, switching out the displays does not prompt a code to be inputted anywhere. The only thing that will happen is that it will throw an inconsequential code in a diagnostic scan because the serial # of the screen isn't matched to your original. Years ago I remember someone posting a code generator that allows you to create a code that you enter in the infotainment module, adaptations maybe, that makes the diagnostic code disappear.