GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro Golf R tails.. coding

DipLowDolla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I have a 16’ GTI, installed a set of Euro Golf R tails with the ECS harness kit. I coded everything with OBDeleven. I have the amber turns, inner and out brake lights work, etc. I didn’t hook up rear fog with euro switch. Didn’t think it was needed. Is there any tweaks or options for turns in coding? If I am correct I cannot have the dynamic turns unless I change the mirror turns and the headlight? I have Lighting Package BTW.. I’ve been digging through past posts but not narrowing down much.
Example Pic of lights I have..

6C6836FF-1DA3-4165-8F15-9038979AA13E.jpeg

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Looks good. You should be able to code for the dynamic turns on the rears as long as the tail light are able to do it. You don't need to change your turn mirrors or have it in the headlights to work. I have the turn mirrors and was no coding need for those was just plug n play.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I have a 16’ GTI, installed a set of Euro Golf R tails with the ECS harness kit. I coded everything with OBDeleven. I have the amber turns, inner and out brake lights work, etc. I didn’t hook up rear fog with euro switch. Didn’t think it was needed. Is there any tweaks or options for turns in coding? If I am correct I cannot have the dynamic turns unless I change the mirror turns and the headlight? I have Lighting Package BTW.. I’ve been digging through past posts but not narrowing down much.
Example Pic of lights I have..

View attachment 205425

If those are the factory OE Mk7 LED tails you have, then they are not dynamic and cannot be coded to do so. You can get an "adapter" like these that delays the timing of the inner vs outer turn signal so that they blink slightly out of phase to give the illusion of dynamic. There were also aftermarket versions of those Mk7 LED tails that have an actual sweeping dynamic turn signal, but again, it is hardware and not something you can code. All of that is independent of the mirror or headlight turn signals.

For dynamic signal in mirror, you can either get the OEM Dynablinks which are tinted dark or you can get aftermarket ones that are clear, light tint, or dark tint (like Dynablinks) from Aliexpress or Ebay.

If you want dynamic turn signals in the front, you will have to get aftermarket headlight. The Mk7.5 replicas I've seen all have it. You would lose your LP functionality of course and it is a pain to code out all the LP stuff to get the reps to work properly.

DipLowDolla

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Thanks Dunkel,
I was looking at some YouTube Vids.. DAP showed the adaptor to make these “semi- dynamic” which is still kinda cool. I might go with that. I knew about the dynamic turns and to be honest.. I kinda like my LP as it is. I wish the inner halos lit up on those, but still not sold on getting aftermarket. I’m gonna turn off that little amber marker with OBD11.