GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ethanol content gauges/kits

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Finished the install on mine last night. Just need to clean up the wires behind the cubby a bit. Didn't realize I had purchased a low profile mini add a circuit so I had to run and grab a regular mini non low profile. Reading correct after a full tank fill up this afternoon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Excellent. Any way you could pull the cubby out a little and show where exactly you made the hole for the harness?

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Finished the install on mine last night. Just need to clean up the wires behind the cubby a bit. Didn't realize I had purchased a low profile mini add a circuit so I had to run and grab a regular mini non low profile. Reading correct after a full tank fill up this afternoon.

is that pump e30? Or did you mix?

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Excellent. Any way you could pull the cubby out a little and show where exactly you made the hole for the harness?
Forgot to try and grab one last night but the X in this pic is right about where I drilled the hole. Started drilling right in the middle of that honeycomb. No pinching there. The first one I drilled was right above where it clips into the dash in the bottom side which obviously didn't work out.

If you pull the side piece off the left of the dash, you can see in to make sure you're up high enough before drilling. Then I just used a little bit of Velcro stuck onto the gauge first then got the other side to stick to the cubby.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Forgot to try and grab one last night but the X in this pic is right about where I drilled the hole. Started drilling right in the middle of that honeycomb. No pinching there. The first one I drilled was right above where it clips into the dash in the bottom side which obviously didn't work out.

If you pull the side piece off the left of the dash, you can see in to make sure you're up high enough before drilling. Then I just used a little bit of Velcro stuck onto the gauge first then got the other side to stick to the cubby.

Thanks!

Yeah, taking off the side trim panel was how I figured out drilling straight through the back would not work.

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Might be another dumb question, but why are you disassembling the gauge? Are you removing the internals from the pod and leaving the pod out to reduce the overall size so it will fit in the cubby? Can't tell by the photos since they are straight on....

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Might be another dumb question, but why are you disassembling the gauge? Are you removing the internals from the pod and leaving the pod out to reduce the overall size so it will fit in the cubby? Can't tell by the photos since they are straight on....
I was going to install longer screws before I realized screw wouldn't work at all. I ended up removing them completely.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
gotcha, thanks, that explains why the first one I found was so cheap.

I think I'll get 2 of these and put the sensor in the middle.

https://www.amazon.com/Fuel-Injection-Hose-30R9-Clamps/dp/B06Y2D4BQP/ref=psdc_15721481_t1_B000C4LSTG

This is the one I got at O'Reilly after the regular fuel line I bought before (comes in a roll at the back of the store, they cut it up for you) cracked and came off the HPFP.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...c05d2/prestone-fuel-hose/fj0516/4666589?pos=0

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
This is the only section I swapped out.
Definitely a stupid question - how does that let you return to stock easily? I would think cutting the hose would be a problem, and it looks like you did that, unless I'm missing something. To go back to stock, if you removed the sensor, isn't there just a gap in the fuel line?