GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Errors galore

apjs87

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 GTD 2013
Hi all, first post and I've come in the search of help please.

VW golf gtd 2013

Over the last week I am having errors come up when I start the car. ACC error, stop start error, flashing coil light and today a check engine light that stays on when the other errors come and go. They appear as soon as I start the car and remain for at least 6 ignition on and off cycles. As I said, engine light now remains on.

I've had no knocks or bangs but I have recently had some work done by my mechanic. Rear shocks replaced, front top mounts, wishbones and bushes. The front wheels now need re-aligning.

Does anyone have the slightest idea of what might be happening to my car please? I have my mechanic coming to put the diagnostic kit on it next week but some ammo would be helpful for when he turns up.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

apjs87

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 GTD 2013
A bit of an update. I had a DTUK box on the car and as a hunch I thought I'd take it off to see what happens. Initially the engine light stayed on with no other errors. I left the car for a day and in the evening, started it and engine light gone. Drove it, all ok.

Next day my mechanic comes to scan the codes. The most noticeable ones were a fault on the fuel pressure sensor/rail which the box plugs into and ACC alignment. Codes cleared and not one single error since!

Touch wood all sorted. Thank you all for your input.