GOLFMKV

Error: Service Vehicle

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
I got the same problem glad I'm not the only one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems there are more and more of us popping up. Have you find a reliable way to duplicate the error? Trying to get a video of it on my car, but can't duplicate it since I've got the gopro set up.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
No I can't replicate it I've only gotten it twice and I haven't had any time to see what it says I know I'm due for breaks but the brake idiot light hasn't come on yet I was hoping that was it

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
How many people have the lighting package HIDs can be fickle i've seen brand-new cars have issues

No issues with mine but I only have had my car for 4 months

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Mine just did it again today. Came on at a stop light after the car was fully warmed up. Actually stayed on for about 3-4 seconds this time and left the central caution light on for about a minute. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the DSG since it tells you to only leave the vehicle in P.

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
Mine just did it again today. Came on at a stop light after the car was fully warmed up. Actually stayed on for about 3-4 seconds this time and left the central caution light on for about a minute. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the DSG since it tells you to only leave the vehicle in P.

How many miles on the car? What was the temperature outside?

eurotrash1

Ready to race!
So VWOA wants a video of this happening, from my car. Which is going to be nearly impossible to capture as I have no idea when it is going to happen, and I can't reproduce the error on demand.

It's quite frustrating, having a video of the error isn't going to provide them with any more information than what is already known.

So, basically I have to go buy a dash cam and keep it pointed at my dash 24/7?!

How can they fix the issue if they cannot duplicate your concern? They want a video so they can see exactly whats happening, it's all part of the diagnosis process.

sinetics

Has happened to me a few times, mainly 10 mins or so after turning car on and driving off. It comes and goes at random times — I've just disregarded it

xtentual

UBRG33K
Car(s)
2008 CW Rabbit
How can they fix the issue if they cannot duplicate your concern? They want a video so they can see exactly whats happening, it's all part of the diagnosis process.

I have shown a video of the exact error to the dealer, BUT it wasn't my car. I've also provided them with the error message verbatim. Even if I get a video from my car, that will not help to duplicate the concern. VTA knows about the problem and also knows the fix. Lastly, VWOA agreed that asking a customer to obtain a video is bizarre, and in some states it's illegal to operate a handheld device while driving. It is not the customers job to diagnose their own vehicle. This wouldn't be an issue if the engineers would have stored an ECU fault when the error occurs, that way it COULD be seen and diagnosed by the dealer.