GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error bend lighting (AFS) please help

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Hi guys
Ive got GTD mk7 golf and I have the error: bend lighting (AFS) error, I’ve searched on Google and all the forums but they all push you towards the lamp being blown, the passenger corner light isn’t working but all rest on that side are
The drivers side corner light is working as with the rest
So I checked the lamp in the passenger side and it seemed ok so I swapped it over to the working side and it worked fine and tried the drivers side one to the passenger side one and it didn’t work.
So then I got my multimeter out and I measured the correct voltage on the working drivers side of 12-14v
But I got 0v on the lamp holder on the passenger side as expected.
Any ideas of what it could be please before I begging pulling my car apart :(

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
@Mat_gtd99: hmm...... OK, good diagnostic work thus far - at least we can rule-out the lamp (incandescent, I assume) and the general AFS function that is controlled by the module @ address hex09.

So- more information please- are your cornering lights embedded in the headlight fixture, or are they the lamps that also work as fog-lights? Also, do you have access to a diagnostic cable and if so, are there any errors on the scan report (such as steering angle sensor)?

Don

Last edited:

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Thanks
@Mat_gtd99: hmm...... OK, good diagnostic work thus far - at least we can rule-out the lamp (incandescent, I assume) and the general AFS function that is controlled by the module @ address hex09.

So- more information please- are your cornering lights embedded in the headlight fixture, or are they the lamps that also work as fog-lights? Also, do you have access to a diagnostic cable and if so, are there any errors on the scan report (such as steering angle sensor)?

Don
Thank you so much for fast reply!
Yes incandescent. Yes the cornering lights are embedded in the ‘cluster’ of lights, I’m not sure if they’re used as fogs aswell but I’ll check when I finish work. Unfortunately I don’t have access to any diagnostic tools or cabling so can’t scan for any errors 😔

Matt_GTD99

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf gtd mk7 2013
Hi sorry for late reply
So I ended up taking it back to the garage that sold it me and they had their auto electrician look into it.
A module had burnt out so he replaced it, and then had to recode from VW Codes
Just if anyone in the future has a similar issue