GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Error: Adaptive Front Lighting (AFS)

davidbag

Hi to everyone!
Hi I have a 2013 GTI Golf, and I decided to change the AFS light because I had changed some lights and... then I decided to put a LED!But... there's a problem!
I've changed the AFS H7 to an LED! and the error appears because of the voltage indications, I think!

There is a way using Vagcom/VCDS to solve the error of AFS?

Some one to help?

Best regards

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
From what I Know AFS Uses D3S Bulbs, so you should replace the xenons with D3S Leds

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
It exists xD, No Idea whats wrong with xenons but ok.

Yeah maybe they do, but not that can be run from the stock wiring and ballast surely??

davidbag

Hello,
Xenon is one thing and AFS is another! I Guess
What I Changed from a H7 to a LED is this one... like the photo!

I also sent the VCDS error data and the error on the car via at the car display!

Best regards,
David G.

Attachments

• AFS Error msg.jpg
    AFS Error msg.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,330
  • car error.jpg
    car error.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 2,145
  • IMG_2181.JPG.dcbccf4d9fcd812e1e62300676639337.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG.dcbccf4d9fcd812e1e62300676639337.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 6,471

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
The AFS bulbs are H7 as said, I for the last 3 years have been running LED ones and have no error codes as they are Canbus friendly ones with a built in resistor in the lead.

WRONG^^

AFS stands for ‘adaptive front lighting system’ also referred to by VW as dynamic cornering lights, which is the turning/moving xenon projector, the light you refer to as AFS is in fact the static cornering lights which illuminate at low speed when turning,

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Hello,

Xenon is one thing and AFS is another! I Guess

What I Changed from a H7 to a LED is this one... like the photo!

I also sent the VCDS error data and the error on the car via at the car display!

Best regards,

David G.

Your problem is with the LED (DRL) control module which is attached to the underside of each headlight next to the xenon ballast, it’s probably failed and will need replacing.

davidbag

Your problem is with the LED (DRL) control module which is attached to the underside of each headlight next to the xenon ballast, it’s probably failed and will need replacing.

Hi Carlos,
I dint see any problem on the DRL light, they work well, all the time... and it is true that I had changed the Xenon! They are new, they have not more than 6 months, but before that, all the time that this error appears I had one "AFS" light that was not working. So after change for a new H7 they started working, not showing the error... for long periods...

That's why I decided to use LED for the "AFS"

All lights works perfectly ! Only the small DRL that only works on the R model, does not work here...

davidbag

The AFS bulbs are H7 as said, I for the last 3 years have been running LED ones and have no error codes as they are Canbus friendly ones with a built in resistor in the lead.

I down know if mines that that resistor or not... the truth is that I have that error all the time...and I should be able to change using vagcom that I have a LED there...

But I don't know how to!

Reaper1

Go Kart Newbie
I down know if mines that that resistor or not... the truth is that I have that error all the time...and I should be able to change using vagcom that I have a LED there...

But I don't know how to!
If the error doesnt say anything about the bulb type then this is not your problem, in you scan it says the the DRL Module is faulty so this is what should be replaced.