GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex XL Spark Plugs.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I know that's what the website still says but a few different guys having a tune problem were told by Ed to run the Ruthenium plugs. Those racing plugs cost $160 for a set and will do nothing but foul on a street driven car. I know because I did it. A street driven car doesn't generate the heat necessary to run 2 step colder plugs.

https://gensportunited.com/need-colder-spark-plugs/

I have not told anyone to run Ruthenium plugs because I have not personally tested them. Not sure where you're getting this info.

You can get away with 1 step colder on a Vortex setup if you're not tracking the car and not running "all the boost". They're also ok if you have very good quality fuel.

-- Ed

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have not told anyone to run Ruthenium plugs because I have not personally tested them. Not sure where you're getting this info.

You can get away with 1 step colder on a Vortex setup if you're not tracking the car and not running "all the boost". They're also ok if you have very good quality fuel.

-- Ed
Do you currently have Vortex XL Turbo ready to ship? Or is there a 60 - 90 day time period?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Do you currently have Vortex XL Turbo ready to ship? Or is there a 60 - 90 day time period?
They are on back order as we wait for the factory to catch up.

-- Ed

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

-- Ed
Another poster yesterday said you guys recently changed your stage 1 recommendation to stock heat range plugs, is this also incorrect?

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
I’m most likely going to switch to the Brisk ER10S since there are no NGKs available. Might start switching them at 5k too since they’re so cheap and I’ve seen too many broken off spark plug tips lately.
The one downside to the Brisks is that they wear down quickly. They typically need to be re-gapped at 4-5k. Other than that, they're great plugs

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
The one downside to the Brisks is that they wear down quickly. They typically need to be re-gapped at 4-5k. Other than that, they're great plugs

Yeah when I was Stage 2 I recall them wearing quickly but otherwise they worked fine. I was thinking for the ER10S a regap around 2.5k and replacement at 5k when I do the oil change. They’re cheap enough to do it and it makes me feel better.

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
Yeah when I was Stage 2 I recall them wearing quickly but otherwise they worked fine. I was thinking for the ER10S a regap around 2.5k and replacement at 5k when I do the oil change. They’re cheap enough to do it and it makes me feel better.
I had the same experience when I used the ER12S on my previous GTI. They're a racing plug, so it's reasonable to have a shorter maintenance interval with them

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
On a Totally unrelated Subject. Is EQT DSG tune for DQ381? I'm hearing the DQ381 on my GTI does not provide logs? Any have a DQ381 GTI with the EQT DSG tune?