GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex Supporting mods?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
No benefit and you'd actually need a revision from EQT for $75 to use it with your stage 2 tune. People install and using them with 93 tunes to have the flexibility to use a different tune with E.
That makes sense and oo thanks for the link

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
That makes sense and oo thanks for the link
So let me see if i fully understand. For the EQT Vortex (not XL) all I need now is engine mounts, colder spark plugs, and a hpfp, (and the intercooler once spring rolls around)?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So let me see if i fully understand. For the EQT Vortex (not XL) all I need now is engine mounts, colder spark plugs, and a hpfp, (and the intercooler once spring rolls around)?
Engine mounts not required, but they make a big difference at that power level.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Engine mounts not required, but they make a big difference at that power level.
I was looking at the green stage 2 ones by bfi. Would you recommend stage 1 or 2 engine mounts? I was thinking just going stage 2

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Your teeth will rattle.
LOL okay stage 1 it is 😂 yeah I'm not tracking the thi g and I want to be able to drive my girl around without giving her a concussion lol

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I was looking at the green stage 2 ones by bfi. Would you recommend stage 1 or 2 engine mounts? I was thinking just going stage 2
Completely depends on your tolerance for NVH. If you're DSG, the dogbone insert is the one that gives off the most. I noticed no difference in NVH with my stage 1 engine and trans mounts after I installed them with my stage 2 dongbone insert.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Completely depends on your tolerance for NVH. If you're DSG, the dogbone insert is the one that gives off the most. I noticed no difference in NVH with my stage 1 engine and trans mounts after I installed them with my stage 2 dongbone insert.
Yeah I'm curious about how my Dogbone mount and insert will feel. It's from ecs. I haven't had the time or mo ey to install it yet lol. I have to rent a lift to be able to do it. It's cheap at $20 per hour and I am able to use all of their tools but idk how long it will take so I can take it off from work. This is the mount and insert package I got.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-par...e-bushing-insert-kit-version-1/010935ecs01kt/

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Where can I rent a lift for $20/hr?
They also do free welding classes on Thursday nights (at least they used to, idk if they still do but I assume they do)

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
Where can I rent a lift for $20/hr?
You know of any spots for e85? I'm moving to Plainville in a few weeks and if there's one close enough that it's worth it I might spend the 175 for a second eqs tune for e85 and grab a e85 fuel kit for the required parts. I've heard e85 is dirt cheap

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
You know of any spots for e85? I'm moving to Plainville in a few weeks and if there's one close enough that it's worth it I might spend the 175 for a second eqs tune for e85 and grab a e85 fuel kit for the required parts. I've heard e85 is dirt cheap
It'll be another $600 for an e85 tune from EQT with the Vortex. There are no base maps (the $175 tunes) for Vortex turbos.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
It'll be another $600 for an e85 tune from EQT with the Vortex. There are no base maps (the $175 tunes) for Vortex turbos.
That makes sense. Honestly would be worth it down the line.