GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I've been on the fence, my power goal seems to be closer to the limit of the standard Vortex. It also seems closer to fuel limits.

This was I was thinking, $100 top-up tuned with lower boost pressure until I upgrade fuel.

Though this thread hasn't helped....tempted to go with a standard Vortex...maybe a HPFP as well?

Unless ~200-300rpm of spool really means that much to you get the XL. It performs better on pump gas, and it’s nice to have the extra headroom just in case. That being said you can’t go wrong either way.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Unless ~200-300rpm of spool really means that much to you get the XL. It performs better on pump gas, and it’s nice to have the extra headroom just in case. That being said you can’t go wrong either way.
I am running 93, not planning on going e85.

Slightly later spool time probably wouldn't bother me really.

But when it comes to my power goal I get tons of mixed messages on fuel system requirements. MPI + LPFP is the most drastic solution and will provide all the fuel I'll ever need, EQT gave me some good info below last month.

The Vortex XL would perform better in summer months as well I can imagine with pump gas.

eqt.JPG

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've been on the fence, my power goal seems to be closer to the limit of the standard Vortex. It also seems closer to fuel limits.

This was I was thinking, $100 top-up tuned with lower boost pressure until I upgrade fuel.

Though this thread hasn't helped....tempted to go with a standard Vortex...maybe a HPFP as well?
I agree with your temptation. Go with the standard Vortex and HPFP. You'll be about 430-450 HP with a custom tune. If you add MPI and the LPFP the cost goes up considerably. So does the reliability and complications.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
My clutch is from FCP Euro, so if I burn it I pull it out and upgrade. Sell the new clutch components from FCP to cover the cost of the upgrade.

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Can I use my IS20 wastegate actuator and move to the Vortex? Looking into getting one maybe for sale price but the extra 300$ is hard to bite at moment to have it pre installed.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
After a year+ of running a Vortex Std on the stock DI I caved with the Boost sale going on and PR Black Friday deals and picked up a Euro Manifold+5bar TMAP+ 3 new tunes from EQT and 925cc kit and lines from PR. I'm doing a 91 pump tune, E40 daily/moderate tune, and fairly aggressive E85 tune.
I have all the fueling requirements already installed...HPFP/Pagparts 535 LPFP/PM4
Roughly speaking, any ideas as to how much whp difference I will see between the E40 tune and E85 tune?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
none probably

interesting. You think I’m just running out of turbo with a std vortex? So if say I was running a full frame it would be different? If I’m not gaining any whp is the case seems no real advantage of E85 vs E40 with my set up other than the ease of a single fill with E85 only. Not much effort on my end with E40 cause my e85 source tests at a rock solid e70 year round, so easy 50/50 with 91 pump we have in CO. I already blast through tanks of E30 as is with how this car is driven. Have to imagine a tank of E85 I can just watch needle drop to 0 lol.