GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
yes- if the scaling Is off on the file once the car boosts to double digests it would throw the code/epc and go limp mode.

Copy that. Thx. I'll definitely be confirming with Nick at EQT that the starter map he sent me includes the 4 bar PUT! My shop doing the Vortex/LPFP install is a good 45 min+ drive from me. Last thing I need is going into limp mode on the way home LOL

Swoofty

Car(s)
2015 GTI S
So I do have the dreaded 'C' version DV and what a relief, I get to upgrade something! So far the C version is holding fine. Meh.
IMG_20200729_114828.jpg

Reactions: MSH

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
So I do have the dreaded 'C' version DV and what a relief, I get to upgrade something! So far the C version is holding fine. Meh.View attachment 181096

C version of the DV is fine, many run it without issue. There is a new J version, I compared them physically and couldnt tell a difference. Noticed no difference is feel between C and J in my car.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We finally have some of our MQB Vortex turbos in stock and ready to ship! We have 12 XL and 2 Standards available! Get them while they last with no wait time!

1599094517959.png

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
C version of the DV is fine, many run it without issue. There is a new J version, I compared them physically and couldnt tell a difference. Noticed no difference is feel between C and J in my car.

My standard housing EQT Vortex is installed and took my first test drive today. Turns out my Rev C diverter was dead on my IS20 after just shy of 57000 miles. Rev J diverter installed.

Ready to make some boost. So happy to have a turbo that doesn't die after 4500rpm. Can't wait to get a couple of revisions deep on the turbo on 91 and get to move onto e85.

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Any XL’s left? I know it’s a long shot 🤣

Just shoot them an email. They did have some XLs in stock around three weeks ago. Was looking to change from a standard housing to an XL. Stayed with the standard housing.

james9120

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Just shoot them an email. They did have some XLs in stock around three weeks ago. Was looking to change from a standard housing to an XL. Stayed with the standard housing.
I did on oct 1st, haven’t heard back yet. But it’s not the first time my email gets sent to the spam folder..

Blueballs

Go Kart Newbie
Hi All,

I have a new turbo going in the car today, and will be posting my experience with tuning, driveability, and performance results in this thread.

Tuning will be via Eurodyne Maestro, courtesy of Frank Mabo.

Performance measurements will be provided via Dragy.

Driveability... just my opinions.

I'll answer any questions, but keep in mind I am just a consumer. Ed @ EQT has an account on here, so I would expect him to chime in at some point.

Here is a link to EQT's turbo:

https://eqtuning.com/products/fujin-vortex-turbocharger

Thanks for your attention - looking forward to sharing some results!

After being a previous EQT owner, and current IS38 owner for years, I have come to the conclusion that I do not like boost lag. With that said, my next turbo will be an IS20 Hybrid from Turbo Parts Canada. Will spoil faster than an IS38 Hybrid, and be almost as fast too. No brainer to me.