GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
It's got a bigger compressor so it makes sense it would have more top end. What doesn't makes sense to me, is the supposedly better low end, which is why I want to see real people dyno numbers. Then again, I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the subject.

What's the turbine size on the Tomioka?

The compressor is quite a bit bigger.

I can tell you that, based on my pulls yesterday on my old IS38 file, it is noticeably laggier than the IS38. It didn't drop off at all, though, straight through to 7k rpm.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
According to Mabo, he said EQT creates the lowest amount of heat, so from a tuning perspective you won’t need to run high ethanol blends to make power. Out of the hybrids he has tuned so far, he says EQT is looking the best.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Any comparison Between the LITTCO L450 and the EQT? those are my current final choices, with a third one that hasn't been announced.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Per EQT with regard to what is done to the shaft and bearing:

"It's an IHI bearing with a TD06SL2 shaft made to fit it. The weak point is largely inconsistencies from IHI manufacturing. These are completely clearanced, blueprinted, and balanced on a much smaller scale with much more strict tolerances.
There's really not much of an IS38 left in these turbos aside from the housings being cast like the IS38 for proper fitment"

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I'm liking it so far, even if it has a weak-bitch IHI bearing.

On revision 1 from Frank - it wants to make big boost up top. Wastegate duty is basically static after it spools... It actually opens another 5% from spool to redline. Lots of headroom.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Who is top of list right now?

OEM is38 because of the current cost and warranty from FPC Euro, but the Littco unit and IHX475 have had me on the fence. They can make the same power as OEM unit without having to push them nearly as hard, and are capable of more power. This looks like another option in line with the Littco and IHX475.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I'm liking it so far, even if it has a weak-bitch IHI bearing.

On revision 1 from Frank - it wants to make big boost up top. Wastegate duty is basically static after it spools... It actually opens another 5% from spool to redline. Lots of headroom.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Excellent. What kind of boost are you guys running currently?