GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

TrinivdubOG

Go Kart Newbie
Not everything made in China is garbage. Most large companies use China for just about everything nowadays. Once you have good QA/QC controls they can manufacture just about anything and really well too.

ashiun

Ready to race!
Very interested. From what I've seen so far it seems to be a potential top dog

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 7.56.45 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 7.56.45 AM.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 1,623

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Perhaps they have someplace stateside that assembles them but I doubt the components are manufactured here. Then again, what do I know could be wrong.

Your query wasn't very clear. "made" can mean "put together" or "manufactured". Be specific.

"The turbo parts are manufactured and assembled here in the USA or just assembled here?"

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Not everything made in China is garbage. Most large companies use China for just about everything nowadays. Once you have good QA/QC controls they can manufacture just about anything and really well too.

I agree, it's the company's oversight that matters. iPhone is arguably the best mass produced piece of hardware out there which is made in China.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Perhaps they have someplace stateside that assembles them but I doubt the components are manufactured here. Then again, what do I know could be wrong.

Your query wasn't very clear. "made" can mean "put together" or "manufactured". Be specific.

"The turbo parts are manufactured and assembled here in the USA or just assembled here?"

And their answer of "product" was not very clear either. I'm not convinced as of now.

I do appreciate EQT telling me straight up they have them made in Taiwan.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
And their answer of "product" was not very clear either. I'm not convinced as of now.

I do appreciate EQT telling me straight up they have them made in Taiwan.

There is talk that EQT and Tomioka is manufactured at the same location and use the same casting but with different spec'd wheels. It appears though from dynos I've seen that the EQT is the better spec'd one.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
There is talk that EQT and Tomioka is manufactured at the same location and use the same casting but with different spec'd wheels. It appears though from dynos I've seen that the EQT is the better spec'd one.

It's got a bigger compressor so it makes sense it would have more top end. What doesn't makes sense to me, is the supposedly better low end, which is why I want to see real people dyno numbers. Then again, I'm not the most knowledgeable person on the subject.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Bearings are sourced genuine IHI bearings per EQT. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. Thoughts?

It's is bad in the sense that they are still IHI bearings so you are not eliminating that point of failure.