GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Vortex - MQB Turbo

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I run the catted Trackslag into a non-resonated Remus (which they claim is within 1db of the stock box) and with the valves closed there's no drone at 80mph. The size really seems to make a difference.
I've heard this as well. The XL housing changes the exhaust note as well. I can't tell if it is quieter or deeper. Need more time with it.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah I’d run it into the stock catback. I would also run the catted trackslag not the cst less. I’m curious if I should just go MAP 3” catted with a resonator. I don’t want drone.
Just get the catted trackslag now, don’t be like the rest of us who bought 3” and then bought a second DP, lol.

My car is non catted, has a vibrant and custom back section with dual Borla xr1s… it’s loud and drones- lol

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3
Just get the catted trackslag now, don’t be like the rest of us who bought 3” and then bought a second DP, lol.

My car is non catted, has a vibrant and custom back section with dual Borla xr1s… it’s loud and drones- lol
^^This 10000x

Buy once, cry once! 😁

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Boost weather sale is officially live! We've already received a ton of orders... supplies will run out quickly!
If you're in a hurry at all to get your products, make sure to order sooner than later. Happy boosting!

1635791030088.png
1635791062624.png

-- Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
The proposed canned tunes for the vortex. What fuel setup will they be based around?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
The proposed canned tunes for the vortex. What fuel setup will they be based around?
Gotta figure 91/93 and should note that nothing official from EQT other than a suggestive comment there was something in the works from Dave.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Can't afford my full upgrade path to my power goal (425-450) which will require MPI and a LPFP. But maybe a Vortex XL and for now stay within the fuel limits of the stock fuel system. That would be what 400ish whp?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Better to wait until you have everything you need, to make the goal you want. My MPI, Pump, Sensors, Turbo, PM4 all went in at once. They weren’t purchased at once. I had a definitive pathway to follow and bought what I could as I could afford to.
6CB93820-9830-4FAA-BB26-11D538B652A0.jpeg

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Better to wait until you have everything you need, to make the goal you want. My MPI, Pump, Sensors, Turbo, PM4 all went in at once. They weren’t purchased at once. I had a definitive pathway to follow and bought what I could as I could afford to.
^^This. My path was a little different, in that, I never thought I would get as deep on this platform as I have. I was going to be out of this car ('16 Golf R) by now and into an M2 but the used market is just so insane I'm sticking with my R for the next couple of years.

2.5+ yrs ago when I bought my R I "thought" I would be happy with just a JB4, downpipe and IC (that lasted 2 months).
After JB4 I went a custom EQT E40 tune and upgraded my HPFP (paid for 91 and E40 tunes). Great set up on stock IS38 turbo and lasted roughly a year.
Then upgraded to a Vortex and added LPFP and PM4 + 4bar PUT sensor and re-tuned (paid for 3 tunes). Car is currently on this and been running a little over one year. I've been very happy running this set up on the stock DI and have never felt the need to move to MPI until I did.....fast forward to now I just picked up 3 new tunes AGAIN with the Boost sale, ordered a Euro intake manifold, 5 bar TMAP from EQT. Will buy the Precision 925cc MPI kit when their BF sale hits and new lines.
Long story short---> I should have done all of this crap from the get go. I've now paid EQT for a total of 8 tunes when I could have just paid for 3 from the onset. I guess the one upside is I get to appreciate the incremental whp gains at each stage of progression.

In regards to your 400ish hp question--> If you do stick with stock fueling I believe with the Vortex XL EQT now recommends you at least upgrade your HPFP. If you do this along with upgrading at least to a 4 bar PUT (cheap) you will easily be at 400whp+ on 93 pump I believe you get in Virginia.