GOLFMKV

EQT tuning is Trash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
My tuning was done last year but I emailed Nick last month about an issue I was experiencing and I had my response in a week. That was well within my expectations of acceptable response time.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Both of you guys handled that badly. Yes he could have been fast and for sure answered some basic questions but you didn’t help your cause either.

I didn't care about the speed in which he responded. Its basic questions and concerns I had that never get addressed until after the fact. my cause is, as a company you have an obligation to customer service. Not speed but Quality. It's weird to feel customers should or could do more then the Companies they are paying service for.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I didn't care about the speed in which he responded. Its basic questions and concerns I had that never get addressed until after the fact. my cause is, as a company you have an obligation to customer service. Not speed but Quality. It's weird to feel customers should or could do more then the Companies they are paying service for.
Plus didnt you say that Nick kept saying that you had a boost leak that you didn't have?

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Plus didnt you say that Nick kept saying that you had a boost leak that you didn't have?
Yeah, Nick said it may have boost leak or hardware limits. when my Wastegate was adjusted I requested a leak test, no issues found. if I had any of those issues I'm sure Sneekytune would of noticed it. And there is also a significant power difference between the 2 I can't imagine having a boost leak and pulling this hard on Sneekytune.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Well maybe if ya just went along with what he said instead of getting annoyed which I know sometimes can be hard. EQT has been very good to me, they talk to me on instagram and everything else. They do have downtime which everyone else has as well. But I hope you enjoy sneaky tune.
Thanks.

I apologize to anyone I annoyed by a super long post. But I wanted to be as transparent as I could. Giving as much detail as could. So instead of heresay, it's the actual conversation between myself and Nick. And you guys can take from it what you will.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
As long as it's within the 7 business days for a response as stated when I purchased the tune, I'm good- I know what to expect, but the lame effort responses has to be better when one is spending $500+ for a custom tune. OP had specific concerns and Nick didn't even address them in the response.
This! 👏👏🙌🙌 👍👍

Agray

Go Kart Champion
If I ever get retuned through EQT will only be with Ed.
For what reason specifically? Doubts with Nick’s tuning ability? It seems the only way to work with Ed is to reserve time with a dyno (+$200 to EQT). I’m about to start the custom tune process with Nick and this thread isn’t exactly encouraging lol.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
oops, that was directed at daily driver, but I purchased a custom tune, July 6th for a vortex turbo.
The only email I received was asking what turbo I’m running, even though I noted that when I purchased the tune

Status
Not open for further replies.