GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
There you have it.

I'll need more seat time before I can comment on it better, but the DSG tune feels better than the last tune I was running. Kicks down faster, manual shifts feel faster (not sure if they are or not), shift points feel closer to shifting manually. In drive, the car happily tools around shifting before crossing that 3k rpm mark unless I stomp on it. Sport is noticeably sportier and manual mode is just silly if all I want to do is spin the tires. Still not sure I'm a fan of the 7spd DSG compared to the prior 6spd. Time will tell.

I'd imagine Ed will have the DSG and E30 tunes avilable shortly.

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 142

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
@SAPGTI
When Cobb does release the 7spd tune - just wait and let someone else refine it. Certainly it will be more characteristic of the older 6spd you were once accustom too.
Very nice on the tuning BTW

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
There you have it.

I'll need more seat time before I can comment on it better, but the DSG tune feels better than the last tune I was running. Kicks down faster, manual shifts feel faster (not sure if they are or not), shift points feel closer to shifting manually. In drive, the car happily tools around shifting before crossing that 3k rpm mark unless I stomp on it. Sport is noticeably sportier and manual mode is just silly if all I want to do is spin the tires. Still not sure I'm a fan of the 7spd DSG compared to the prior 6spd. Time will tell.

I'd imagine Ed will have the DSG and E30 tunes avilable shortly.

Wow what great numbers I can’t wait to get this e30 tune for my 2019 I’m looking to get a clutch in the next couple of months.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Ok - @El_bigote_AJ
Ed's Basline (stock) was 236hp on 91Oct / Tuned was 313hp on 91Oct. Factory is rated 228hp right - so the difference is only +7hp and NET GAIN is 313 - 236 = 77hp.
APR only lists the factory "230PS" - or 228hp on 91Oct. Their own (stock) baseline was 264hp on 93Oct - which is an increase of 36hp on their dyno; because higher octane on the stock tune isn't making more power.
The APR Stage 1 91Oct / High Torque is 313hp which is 49hp above their "stock" baseline.
Difference of 28hp Gain from Ed's Tune. That's almost 10% more with a 500rpm advantage. That's a much stronger pull (not including the torque).

That's what I see, see any different?

*Correction
900rpm advantage
https://www.goapr.com/includes/img/...si_ea888_gen3_trans_210ps_s0_vs_s1_h_91_c.png

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...49701421948_6624441221295074121_n-png.181237/

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Ok - @El_bigote_AJ
Ed's Basline (stock) was 236hp on 91Oct / Tuned was 313hp on 91Oct. Factory is rated 228hp right - so the difference is only +7hp and NET GAIN is 313 - 236 = 77hp.
APR only lists the factory "230PS" - or 228hp on 91Oct. Their own (stock) baseline was 264hp on 93Oct - which is an increase of 36hp on their dyno; because higher octane on the stock tune isn't making more power.
The APR Stage 1 91Oct / High Torque is 313hp which is 49hp above their "stock" baseline.
Difference of 28hp Gain from Ed's Tune. That's almost 10% more with a 500rpm advantage. That's a much stronger pull (not including the torque).

That's what I see, see any different?

*Correction
900rpm advantage

When you quote APR numbers are you quoting the wheel HP and torque numbers? APR's website always defaults to crank HP and torque unless you switch it.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Edit 1 for tldr: First leak test was a fail with pcv hose still attached. Thought that shouldn't matter, but it did.

Edit 2:

Here's a log I just took 20 minutes ago using the "standard" EQT .cfg file for log parameters that someone who I can't remember recommended. This time only 97+ degrees out and eth sensor squarely at E30.8

https://datazap.me/u/ridebjj/log-1595370214?log=0&data=4

Readings extremely similar to the last couple of times. Car still feels very strong, so *shrug* not sure how much to care right now.

Last edited:

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Just taking a stab here, but seems like something may be up with your IC. 97° ambient with a 120° IAT at WOT is 23° delta, seems kinda high for the Majesty. Now with the turbine number running 100%, there may be either a leak, or some sort of blockage because the turbo is working really hard to make those boost numbers. Unless the heat is killing it that badly, but you are making target. I dunno.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Just taking a stab here, but seems like something may be up with your IC. 97° ambient with a 120° IAT at WOT is 23° delta, seems kinda high for the Majesty. Now with the turbine number running 100%, there may be either a leak, or some sort of blockage because the turbo is working really hard to make those boost numbers. Unless the heat is killing it that badly, but you are making target. I dunno.
He is not reaching target, and looks like pre manifold boost leak.
https://datazap.me/u/ridebjj/log-1595370214?log=0&data=7-35-42

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Yep, looked close, but it's 10% off. Kinda explains some things. Now, where is it leaking.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Repeated boost leak test, this time with pcv port on tip corked. Now it builds pressure right quick.

I went all the way to 28psi several times and I can't hear any hint of air escaping from a leak. If my log pressure is 26 when 27.x is requested then going to 28 should make a leak easily heard, wouldnt it?

I also soapy wooder sprayed down all the parts I could reasonably reach from the top and, nothing.

Psi bled off at about 1 per sec (probably even slower), which is supposed to be normal, yes?

Thats probably about as far as I'll pursue that avenue until the weather cools off. It runs plenty strong.

Assuming there truly is no leak, what else could be looked at?

Last edited:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Repeated boost leak test, this time with pcv port on tip corked. Now it builds pressure right quick.

I went all the way to 28psi several times and I can't hear any hint of air escaping from a leak. If my log pressure is 26 when 27.x is requested then going to 28 should make a leak easily heard, wouldnt it?

I also soapy wooder sprayed down all the parts I could reasonably reach from the top and, nothing.

Psi bled off at about 1 per sec (probably even slower), which is supposed to be normal, yes?

Thats probably about as far as I'll pursue that avenue until the weather cools off. It runs plenty strong.

Assuming there truly is no leak, what else could be looked at?

Can you show your boost leak tester set up? I would like to do a boost leak test, too.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
When you quote APR numbers are you quoting the wheel HP and torque numbers? APR's website always defaults to crank HP and torque unless you switch it.
Yes and no @jimlloyd40
Yes to the HP/TQ claimed by them.
The “increase” (as they depict it) is based on the difference from their own measurement of the stock calibration; not the difference from the manufacturers number.