GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I had to leave the car an additional week. Sounds like Ed pretty much has the DSG tune dialed in. Car goes on the dyno tomorrow. Looking forward to the results of that. Hoping I can get it back at the end of the week.
Thanks for the update man. Once you get your car, let us know how the DSG tune feels.

SAPGTI

Ready to race!
Early results are looking impressive. Car got the 91 tune dialed today and will be getting the E30 tune dialed in tomorrow hopefully. DSG tune is done.

This run was done when the shop was 95 degrees. Guess I'll be looking into intercooler, plugs, etc probably sooner than later. Looking forward to what he does with the E30.

116455563_330849701421948_6624441221295074121_n.png

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Early results are looking impressive. Car got the 91 tune dialed today and will be getting the E30 tune dialed in tomorrow hopefully. DSG tune is done.

This run was done when the shop was 95 degrees. Guess I'll be looking into intercooler, plugs, etc probably sooner than later. Looking forward to what he does with the E30.

View attachment 181237
Damn what do you have installed already? Those numbers are nice for 91.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Different dynos, and Ed’s tune is more performance oriented than an APR 93. Just understand the difference between an OTS vs Custom.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI

View attachment 181237

Looks very similar to my 91 custom tune Ed did a while ago. Picked up the AMS Intercooler and made a huge difference in feel, dont wait as long as I did.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
lol, hence my the use of the word GAINS... since we have baselines.
Baselines? For what? OTS or Custom/Dialed in - 2 different levels and not cross compatible for anything other than a number - yet on differing dynos under different conditions and calibrations.
Not in argument.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Baselines? For what? OTS or Custom/Dialed in - 2 different levels and not cross compatible for anything other than a number - yet on differing dynos under different conditions and calibrations.
Not in argument.
just pull it out and put it on the table.

Or just explain what you are trying to show me, in regards to the car.

I’m just referring to each companies baseline stock dyno runs of a specific car And that same cars post tune dyno.

Not sure why you assumed so much more beyond that.

And no I don’t have apr or any OTS tunes.

Hollywood0220

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
German/Japanese
Ok - @El_bigote_AJ
Ed's Basline (stock) was 236hp on 91Oct / Tuned was 313hp on 91Oct. Factory is rated 228hp right - so the difference is only +7hp and NET GAIN is 313 - 236 = 77hp.
APR only lists the factory "230PS" - or 228hp on 91Oct. Their own (stock) baseline was 264hp on 93Oct - which is an increase of 36hp on their dyno; because higher octane on the stock tune isn't making more power.
The APR Stage 1 91Oct / High Torque is 313hp which is 49hp above their "stock" baseline.
Difference of 28hp Gain from Ed's Tune. That's almost 10% more with a 500rpm advantage. That's a much stronger pull (not including the torque).

That's what I see, see any different?

*Correction
900rpm advantage

Last edited: