GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It's turbine ACTuator. Which is the wastegate actuator. It should not be at 100% in non spool up situations. You may have a boost leak.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
It's turbine ACTuator. Which is the wastegate actuator. It should not be at 100% in non spool up situations. You may have a boost leak.

Well blow me down. That makes more sense than actual, I just remember seeing "actual" listed in a log somewhere. I think. GD, can't rememeber what I ate for breakfast. Hey man, how about a push-up contest? I'll bring cornpop. (All said in my best mindless Joe voice 😁). Either way, like you said, should not be @100% run like that.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I built ye olde tyme boost leak tester last night. We'll see how that goes and then proceed from there, I guess. If there's something actually "wrong" I sure don't notice it through the performance. But we will see what we will see.

0728201858_HDR.jpg

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Right. Iirc, my first log some days ago had 0 knock with my sensor showing E30.9

This time around I was E27.9, so that makes sense.

Is turbo actual at 100% like that normal in these conditions? Or does it indicate a possible problem?

It's hot as fuck, that's for sure. I'd like to do a log first thing in the morning when it's only 80 out but I dunno if I can defeat my laziness for that.

What IC are you running?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Doubt it's tuned that way, mine sits around 75-80% and I have same tune. And with IATs @ 120+, hard not to ignore heat when knock pops up. That or fuel related.

I so bet ya it's the fuel to a large extent. I'm in Cali, Ride's in NV, both have crap 91 gas. And we both have high wastegate duty (it's possible his is even higher than mine). Now just need to know what IC he's running. And then you are on the east coast with access to 93 and have no issues.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I so bet ya it's the fuel to a large extent. I'm in Cali, Ride's in NV, both have crap 91 gas. And we both have high wastegate duty (it's possible his is even higher than mine). Now just need to know what IC he's running. And then you are on the east coast with access to 93 and have no issues.
He’s on the eBay magic direct fits, so one of the largers high flow options

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT

Not sure fuel has anything to do with wastegate. Heat certainly does to an extent.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
No its not like Blazing saddles with a bean intake to long johns flapper correlation 😄

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Not sure fuel has anything to do with wastegate. Heat certainly does to an extent.

Assuming shitty fuel does not allow to extract the required amount of energy if/when it's needed, it's possible this shortcoming will be compensated by closing off the wastegate. Just a hypothesis.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Assuming shitty fuel does not allow to extract the required amount of energy if/when it's needed, it's possible this shortcoming will be compensated by closing off the wastegate. Just a hypothesis.

It might be possible, but I'm definitely not using bad fuel.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It might be possible, but I'm definitely not using bad fuel.

The car would likely feel like total poop if your fuel contained so little energy/volume that it resulted in 100% WG to get the turbine spinning. Can you log WG Actuator Specified? That would tell us a lot. Though I doubt the specified would be 100% to reach your PUT pressure levels. Boost leak test that bish.