GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

ronlowenberg

Passed Driver's Ed
Who all here is tuned by EQT but does not have the EQT turbo? How is the tune? How was the customer service? Good power number?

Thanks in advance.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Who all here is tuned by EQT but does not have the EQT turbo? How is the tune? How was the customer service? Good power number?

Thanks in advance.
Hoon is tuned by Ed on a littco l450, Ed's customer service is too notch,

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Another thing to keep in mind is that in addition to tuning a good number of GTI's/R's already, Ed@EQT also personally owns a Golf R and has spent a ton of time perfecting the tuning on his own car so he knows the platform well. That's on top of many years tuning other platforms at his shop.

ronlowenberg

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey Ed, I have a TTE525R turbo and have not been happy with the amount of knock on my stratified tune. Just curious if you would be willing to e tune my car. The attached pic is what it is looking like now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
Ed's easy and great to work with. He tuned my IS38, tomioka, and now his EQT :) Definitely one of the most knowledgeable VW tuners out there

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
EQT wins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teemmy

Ready to race!
What is your review of the three bigger turbos you have had?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

depends what you're looking to get. I honestly thought the is38 was more than enough - gives you the best low end of all the options with more than enough power

tomioka made more power than the is38 up top, but didn't get much on the lower end

EQT has the torque punch of the is38 but a few hundred RPM later and keeps pulling to redline. strongest of all three, but I occasionally miss the low end of the is38 (honestly I miss the is20 punchiness around town the most... but that's just me)

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
(honestly I miss the is20 punchiness around town the most... but that's just me)

Probably what keeps me from doing anything. I daily my car and enjoy what it can do starting around 2k.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I have my IS20 GTI tuned by ED. Im running fairly stock setup, just RS7 plugs, TIP, K&N panel filter. Im localish to EQT so I was able to get my car on the dyno with Ed. The tune turned out great and exceeded my expectations.

EQT was very profession and defiantly took care of me. Every staff member I interacted with a great. They took time to explain things to me and ask questions about what I was looking for.

Here is the chart:

Like some of you mentioned I prefer the low end spool of the IS20 over lets say an IS38 and this tune brings it out nicely.

Last edited: