GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Tuned

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
I do like that he has a small community and he has very aggressive but safe mapping.

Its unfortunate that he's super busy and gets screwed over a lot, he's also moving shops so he's losing some money, gets a bit of a bad rep because he was pretty much a one man operation for a while and it's inhuman to be able to get all the tunes done quickly. I've been waiting a week for a basemap but I waited 2 for my stratified tune, so i'm not bothered too much lol

The wait time is 5150’s biggest downfall. At its worst it was a month between updates but he is more on it now. He produces some great results so people deal with it.

Now we have two great tuners on this platform with Ed, so we have options.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
The wait time is 5150’s biggest downfall. At its worst it was a month between updates but he is more on it now. He produces some great results so people deal with it.

Now we have two great tuners on this platform with Ed, so we have options.

With Ed I am always the one that is the weak link in the chain! On all my revisions he has had it to me in 24 hours....love the guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
With Ed I am always the one that is the weak link in the chain! On all my revisions he has had it to me in 24 hours....love the guy

Although I did get a dyno tune I asked for a small update to the DSG tune from Ed a few days later. He made sure to clarify a few things that I mispoke, and good thing he did. I had an updated file in my email for him the same day with the requested changes.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Thanks for the kind words guys. I try to only take on enough e-tunes at a time that will allow me to respond very quickly. I often respond with revisions within a couple hours, and sometimes up to 24 hours. I realize I charge more than some other e-tune options, but that is mainly so I can devote more time to them without getting bogged down.

Thanks
-- Ed

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks for the kind words guys. I try to only take on enough e-tunes at a time that will allow me to respond very quickly. I often respond with revisions within a couple hours, and sometimes up to 24 hours. I realize I charge more than some other e-tune options, but that is mainly so I can devote more time to them without getting bogged down.

Thanks
-- Ed
Ed you need to start tuning with maestro also lol, I know maestro dont give as much control over more parameters as cobb yet but,,,,, would be sweet [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed you need to start tuning with maestro also lol, I know maestro dont give as much control over more parameters as cobb yet but,,,,, would be sweet [emoji39]

I did a Mk6 locally using Maestro a while back. Let's just say I wasn't too happy with the software and logging. Maybe Mk7 stuff is better.

-- Ed

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I did a Mk6 locally using Maestro a while back. Let's just say I wasn't too happy with the software and logging. Maybe Mk7 stuff is better.

-- Ed

Logging resolution is greatly improved compared to past iterations. Still not as fast as Cobb, but it isn't VCDS levels of slow anymore :)

vw671

Autocross Newbie

Maestro does though currently support MPI and ECU based 2-step that is adjustable on the fly. And also Audi boxes so more customers.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Maestro does though currently support MPI and ECU based 2-step that is adjustable on the fly. And also Audi boxes so more customers.
Ya I know, the reason I went with maestro is so I myself could make adjustments to my tune when needed, that was important to me since i like to tinker and plus the summers here in yuma get 120+ so i make changes as needed per weather. Plus I will be going mpi very soon I hope

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Ya I know, the reason I went with maestro is so I myself could make adjustments to my tune when needed, that was important to me since i like to tinker and plus the summers here in yuma get 120+ so i make changes as needed per weather. Plus I will be going mpi very soon I hope

It also has the nifty boost, octane, and ethonal adjustments without reflashing.

Octane will increase/decrease the ignition timing. I'm going to play with the Ethanol adjustment when I get my ethanol sensor installed.

This was my stage-2 options...my stage3 has higher boost options.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
It also has the nifty boost, octane, and ethonal adjustments without reflashing.

Octane will increase/decrease the ignition timing. I'm going to play with the Ethanol adjustment when I get my ethanol sensor installed.

This was my stage-2 options...my stage3 has higher boost options.
Ya I know, I love maestro there are just some parameters it dont offer yet like cam timing and some fueling things I think, we now can change the window of injector pulse, I'm sure much more control will come out as we go. Ya you can change the max boost in maestro to reflect more on the slider, I think mine max boost is set up to 35psi on the bt map

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Ya I know, I love maestro there are just some parameters it dont offer yet like cam timing and some fueling things I think, we now can change the window of injector pulse, I'm sure much more control will come out as we go. Ya you can change the max boost in maestro to reflect more on the slider, I think mine max boost is set up to 35psi on the bt map

I guess my point is that there is pros/cons with both platforms...cobb vs maestro. Cobb got some good shit don't me wrong...I've been tempted to switch but my car is running pretty good so no real good reason yet.

I prefer a flex fuel setup which is supposedly being worked on by both camps so I'm waiting to see the outcome.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I guess my point is that there is pros/cons with both platforms...cobb vs maestro. Cobb got some good shit don't me wrong...I've been tempted to switch but my car is running pretty good so no real good reason yet.

I prefer a flex fuel setup which is supposedly being worked on by both camps so I'm waiting to see the outcome.
You are correct both are great and you cant go wrong either way, it comes down to preference I believe, my person preference was the ability to self tune,

vw671

Autocross Newbie
You are correct both are great and you cant go wrong either way, it comes down to preference I believe, my person preference was the ability to self tune,

Cobb will eventually get Accesstuner that but it's not "free". The software is free but you have to take a $150 training course. Life is too short to be waiting though...I say use what meets your needs that is available today:D