GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Stage 2 - O2 sensor

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Plug in your AP.
Select the Readiness option under Diagnostics.
Check for how many are Not Ready. Ignore any that are Not Applicable.
If you have more than one sensor Not Ready, flash back to stock, drive 50-100 miles with several stop/start cycles, and check again.
Go get your inspection.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Vibrant J with the medium insert. It will sometimes give a cell on stock tune but it is mostly cell free, at least long enough for emissions. Plug the O2 sensor back in, clear codes and drive for about half hour. I rescan to validate if it is cell free at the testing site parking lot before giving them the car.
Thank you so much. Is ebay really the only place to get one of these? Having a hard time finding it in stock anywhere else.

SmoothCat565

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 VW MKVII GTI
Plug in your AP.
Select the Readiness option under Diagnostics.
Check for how many are Not Ready. Ignore any that are Not Applicable.
If you have more than one sensor Not Ready, flash back to stock, drive 50-100 miles with several stop/start cycles, and check again.
Go get your inspection.
That's sick. Didn't know you could do that with an AP. Fantastic.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Thank you so much. Is ebay really the only place to get one of these? Having a hard time finding it in stock anywhere else.
Yeah, not sure. I would assume you are more up to speed on availability than I as I purchased mine over the years ago.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I feel like I missed the memo on unplugging the rear o2 while installing. Is that info hosted somewhere that isn't on their facebook group?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I feel like I missed the memo on unplugging the rear o2 while installing. Is that info hosted somewhere that isn't on their facebook group?
There's a link to the FB group post on their site's FAQ. :rolleyes:
It's borderline sketchy to put that on their site directly since they're in CA and skirting legality with the way they handle the DTC for the missing rear o2.

Basically Cobb doesn't really want you running a catless or high flow "catted" downpipe, but you can work around it if you leave the secondary o2 unplugged, otherwise your LTFT slowly rises.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
There's a link to the FB group post on their site's FAQ. :rolleyes:
It's borderline sketchy to put that on their site directly since they're in CA and skirting legality with the way they handle the DTC for the missing rear o2.
I don't know many people with FB anymore, myself included. World keeps turnin ya know

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I don't know many people with FB anymore, myself included. World keeps turnin ya know
Ya, it's a cancer. Personally detest how all of the groups are not-so-obviously ran by various vendors, which makes it hard to find unbiased info on options vs. whatever that group circlejerks or has some personal beef with.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Ya, it's a cancer. Personally detest how all of the groups are not-so-obviously ran by various vendors, which makes it hard to find unbiased info on options vs. whatever that group circlejerks or has some personal beef with.
Yeah, I got out of it once I realized it was bringing up more things to disagree with people on than agree on. I just wanna like the people I interact with, I don't wanna know where they stand on politics or religion. I wanna argue about shit that doesn't matter/that we can all enjoy, like Dewalt vs Milwaukee (spoiler: piss off everyone when you tell them Ryobi FTMFW lol) or how their V8s are cute because they need two heads to do what I'm doing with one, and stuff like that. Dumb stuff, where we can all laugh and have a tasty beverage at the end of it.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yeah, I got out of it once I realized it was bringing up more things to disagree with people on than agree on. I just wanna like the people I interact with, I don't wanna know where they stand on politics or religion. I wanna argue about shit that doesn't matter/that we can all enjoy, like Dewalt vs Milwaukee (spoiler: piss off everyone when you tell them Ryobi FTMFW lol) or how their V8s are cute because they need two heads to do what I'm doing with one, and stuff like that. Dumb stuff, where we can all laugh and have a tasty beverage at the end of it.
Yeah tbh when I got off it I was always angry about my (unbeknownst) far-left worldview coming into question by people who I thought I were less intelligent than me. I even did the telltale MSM programmed: tHiS iS mE mOcKiNg YoU rotating caps bs.

Since I got off social media, It took me years but I realized I hated my “side” as well and the division in our culture is purely intentional to keep the poor and middle class from uniting against the vampire class. That was years ago, I’m sure it’s still a giant soulsuck.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
It's on their website also. But I disregard that and disagree based on extensive testing.
Not sure if EQT runs closed loop or not, but when I got the car up to altitude, it was definitely running rich with the sensor still in. Granted most people don't regularly have 4-5k+' altitude shifts, but I'm certain it was the problem.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not sure if EQT runs closed loop or not, but when I got the car up to altitude, it was definitely running rich with the sensor still in. Granted most people don't regularly have 4-5k+' altitude shifts, but I'm certain it was the problem.
If you do that route regularly you could test it. I tested it for 20,000 miles total and found no difference but at the same altitude.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Also, from what I understand, when you run a stock tune on an aftermarket DP car, you should drive fairly gently, trying not to build too much boost. Earlier this summer I reached out to Ed and asked if I can flash my car to Stage 1 or stock tune so a friend of mine can learn to track drive in it but not have to manage the torque and power of a stg 2 tune. He said not to do it as then ecu will be expecting the back pressure from the stock DP, which won't be there, and you will get into overboost situations because the wastergate actuator will be constantly trying to adjust to how it thinks its supposed to control boost. EPC then throws the car into limp mode (which I know isn't a big deal...unless it happens at a freeway on-ramp or something I guess).

So from this post, it sounds like numerous people have run stock or stg 1 tunes on DP cars. Have you had this problem or did EQT give me a worse-case scenario?

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'm running a stock DP and Stage 1, so no, I haven't had this problem myself. . I'm not doubting what Ed says. I know others in MA that do not swap out their DP for the yearly emissions check, they just don't get on it when in stock tune. They drive it easy until the sensors go ready, and drive straight to the inspection station.