GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Stage 1 Tune, Cobb AP Options

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I have some questions regarding the options offered by EQT and whether or not I should choose them, and whether or not they can be switched off and on. My GTI is a 2018 SE with DSG. I am planning on going with the EQT Stage 1 with TCU tune as well.

The auto up shift and kick down seems like it would be something I would keep as stock, but for those that have it disabled, how was your experience with it and is this something that I could switch back and forth/turn on and off easily?

As for the special features, I am considering going with the Cobb Launch Control and Adjustable Traction Control. Is this also something that I could switch back and forth/turn on and off easily.

If I chose any of the above options, would I have to make any other changes from my end to make things work, such as any coding with such as OBD11, etc.? Any help and wisdom with making my decision would be appeciated. I tried to find an answer but could not find anything. I am also going to reach out to EQT, but they may answer here on the forum as well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I would keep the auto upshift and kick down as stock. You would have to pay EQT to change the tune to go back. Don't know on the traction control.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’d opt for OEM launch control and Cobb TC, which is only enabled when the OEM TC is turned off.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I don't have dsg, but I've read the auto upshift can cause double shifts if you tell it to shift at the same time.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I have auto downshift, kickdown, Cobb TC and launch control. I don't use LC at all so I don't think it matters if the Cobb LC is enabled. I kept the auto upshift as a safety, but I don't like having the kickdown. The Cobb fuel cut TC is very abrupt. I still haven't figured out the best combination for this. I'd like to hear what others use for TC.

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Thanks everyone for the comments and info. I did hear back from EQT regarding the features. The auto upshift and lockdown in manual and the Cobb traction and launch control are part of the tune, so choosing one means it’s flashed and if you want to change it you need to flash another tune. They told me the majority of the tunes do use the Cobb launch and traction control.

GTI RobG

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
Order has been placed! And I kept the shifting as stock and got the Cobb Traction Control and Launch Control.

Attachments

• 22B761AC-A932-40A5-9C86-D53148F458BE.png
    22B761AC-A932-40A5-9C86-D53148F458BE.png
    802.5 KB · Views: 74

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Cobb TC is nice because you can adjust how much tire spin you get before it kicks in.