GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Stage 1 R vs 319whp 370z and Evo 10

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
Just got my tune and wanted to see how it is, so I hit up my friend with a modded 370z to cruise around the local roads to lure some racers. It was a fairly slow night, so we ended up just racing each other for the most part. On highway pulls we were pretty close to even. On a 2nd or 3rd gear pull I'd generally win with a car or bus length on him. On a 4th gear pull we were pretty much even. From a dig I'd win even with my launch control being messed up (launching slower than stock due to torque limiter). 1st gear we're about even, and then I pull hard in 2nd and 3rd.

On the way home, I came across an Evo 10 racing a Miata (I know). At first I drove by them while they were lining up and they didn't seem to notice me. I watched them get on it and waited until they were next to me before I floored it. Passed them both. Then all 3 of us lined up and pulled on both of them, though the Evo kept it pretty close up top, staying right at my rear bumper.

Now I'm wondering what my horsepower's like. I haven't dyno'd, and still need a DSG tune which will hopefully solve my launching woes. Anyone have any guesses as to what numbers I'd be running to pull on a nearly 320whp Z from a roll? Granted I probably have loads more torque. I've attached his dyno sheet.

Attachments

• IMG_3874.JPG
    IMG_3874.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 207

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
My guess would be 320 to 340 on an EQT stage 1.
Would definitely be pleasantly surprised. Though I know EQT states their Stage 1's get around 320-360 whp, so I shouldn't be. Just that earlier Stage 1's were pushing closer to 305 whp, so I guess everyone's improved their numbers a bit since I last looked into it back in 2016 (even most of the Stage 1 dyno vids on YouTube show around 305-ish, but they're all 2-3 years old).

EVO 10s are surprisingly slow with basic mods. :rolleyes:
Yeah, I think they're similar to the STI in that respect. Just those old engines not taking to mods as easily as newer ones.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Would definitely be pleasantly surprised. Though I know EQT states their Stage 1's get around 320-360 whp, so I shouldn't be. Just that earlier Stage 1's were pushing closer to 305 whp, so I guess everyone's improved their numbers a bit since I last looked into it back in 2016 (even most of the Stage 1 dyno vids on YouTube show around 305-ish, but they're all 2-3 years old).

Yeah, I think they're similar to the STI in that respect. Just those old engines not taking to mods as easily as newer ones.

A stage 3 IS38 is pretty maxed out at around 380 HP on pump gas.