GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT reviews

pgh_dshaw

Ready to race!
Does anyone have a link or a review of how they like the tune from EQT? All I can seem to find is people reviewing the actual turbo they make. I'm interested in going with them for my ecu/tcu tune once my downpipe comes in.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Getting my Accessport in the mail today hopefully and then I’m going to purchase EQT’s off the shelf map for now and see how that goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I've worked with 4 tuners over 3 different platforms.

Ed at EQT was the overall best experience for me.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I have Ed's S2 base tune and not pro-tune, if you're looking at his canned tune. So far so good, have had it for about a month now. Obviously shit weather here in central PA so I haven't ran the car hard but it feels great. I was APR S1 before switching. I wanted an AP so I could learn more about the car instead of having to drive to pittsburgh to an APR dealer to flash and trusting everything is ok. I've exchanged a few emails and Ed's been very responsive answering my probably noobish questions. Fantastic guy and amazing response considering the cost of the base tune. I wouldn't hesitate to go with Ed for other upgrades in the future.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
IS20 custom tuned by ED @ EQT here. He did a really great job with mine and has been absolutely flawless. Have about 3 months and 15k miles so far on his ECU/TCU tune. He asked the right questions about what I wanted and was a pleasure to talk to.

What specifically do you want to know?

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Just ordered my base map. Very excited!

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I've got the EQT turbo but Ed's custom ECU tune for it is solid and I've recently swapped to his DSG tune from Eurodyne and its a much better tune all around.

jerodbroten

Ready to race!
Ed is an awesome guy that will listen to your questions and concerns. I'm on a base map from him and so far it feels great! AFRs are low and timing advance is good. Pretty happy all around!

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Removed my JB4 this morning and flashed the EQT stage 2 map. Difference between JB4 and Cobb is night and day. Went on a 50 mile drive consisting of main roads and back roads. Idle and part throttle driving seems miles better than on JB4. The power is very smooth as well and it feels like it keeps pulling to redline more so than the JB4. Haven’t gotten a chance to test out the traction control features or launch control yet. However pops in sport mode are very exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenVisbeen

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 Vw GTI
IS20 custom tuned by ED @ EQT here. He did a really great job with mine and has been absolutely flawless. Have about 3 months and 15k miles so far on his ECU/TCU tune. He asked the right questions about what I wanted and was a pleasure to talk to.

why did you get a pro tune over a stage 1 or stage 2 tune

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
When someone gets a protune over the stage tunes it's because they want to maximize the power by being tuned specifically for their mods. It's safer also because the tuner looked at logs and tuned accordingly to manage knock.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Staged tunes were not available yet when I got tuned. Ed mentioned I was his first stg1 GTI he had tuned.

But its also true for what jimlloyd40 said. Customs tailor it to your specific car, each engine is different and some can handle a bit more or less than others.

Mine did very well for 91oct with only K&N filter panel, Revo Inletpipe and RS7 plugs on Ed's dyno.
Green: Stock
Blue: Some other tuners etune
Pink: EQT 91 custom
Go5wyel.jpg

Im also running his Stg1 E30 tune now. Didn't do custom on that one. Its just fantastic. I flip between the two tunes depending on if the area im driving to has E85 pump. My GTI is at 108k miles now. This dyno graph was done at 72k miles.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I've worked with 4 tuners over 3 different platforms.

Ed at EQT was the overall best experience for me.

This is exactly my experience as well.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
installed map 1 on saturday, gti go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

tires are breaking loose in second gear now... noticeable torque steer in second, car is explosive.

Pretty sure the tranny mount is clapped, BFI set going in soon.

Last edited: