Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Is running a Vortex on 93 with just a HPFP still chill?

Been off the forum for a while and it is looking like we are getting away from that when running hybrids and going to LPFP + MPI instead but I am really not that interested in doing all of that.
Fwiw, I’m seeing at 32-33 psi on vortex std, hpfp, & stock dp. 91 tune

CoryJo

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
mk7 gti autobahn pp
Running an IE downpipe I’m assuming I will have a CEL. I will be IS38 with a DP, is a O2 spacer something feasible to avoid the CEL just because it bothers me. I know EQT doesn’t endorse this fix. Just want to know if it will hurt anything.
the spacers have worked for some, and others have had some trouble staying cel free. its not going to hurt anything running an 02 spacer. good luck.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I’m using the a j spacer with an EQT stage 2 tune with no cel or issues that I can see.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I just want to know if I run a vortex std at 28-30psi if that will require a PCV upgrade. This is my daily and if it gets too complicated I’ll just keep it at stage 2.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I just want to know if I run a vortex std at 28-30psi if that will require a PCV upgrade. This is my daily and if it gets too complicated I’ll just keep it at stage 2.
I would plan around your PCV becoming a maintenance item at 29psi and above. Some people get lucky and don't have problems, though.

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Running an IE downpipe I’m assuming I will have a CEL. I will be IS38 with a DP, is a O2 spacer something feasible to avoid the CEL just because it bothers me. I know EQT doesn’t endorse this fix. Just want to know if it will hurt anything.
Running a Vibrant straight with medium insert on my IS20 with my IE downpipe. CEL free and all readiness set. Only thing I noticed is an occasional oddity at part throttle regarding afr’s. Doesn’t seem to be harmful as it still follows the afr set points. Only happens at partial throttle. See my recent thread.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/question-on-afr’s-at-part-throttle-cruise.409865/

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I went from previous owner’s CTS catch can to BM rev stock PCV (to BMS catch can). Trying to alleviate blow by but hasn’t been 100% effective. Much better than CTS catch can though. You might want to ask EQT directly but they were good with what I had installed.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Mostly unpopular opinion around here; if you want to stop things from getting complicated, stay stage 2.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Vortex STD at that level should be okay so long as you're on the latest revision factory PCV. There of course are outliers out there that have issues no matter what PCV/Catch can setup you have, and that's because no two cars/motors are exactly the same. I had tons of issues with blow-by on the original PCV (from 16/17 model year R), but installing the later revision Audi PCV removed that issue entirely. that was at 32-33psi.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Hello EQT peoples,

Any updates on when the stock dp IS38 tune will release for the GTI? That's probably the route I'll be taking in the future for that OEM+, GTI Clubsport-style build. Thanks!

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
It's possible but we "don't recommend O2 spacers, and suggest running emissions compliant equipment" if you know what I mean.

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
Hello EQT peoples,

Any updates on when the stock dp IS38 tune will release for the GTI? That's probably the route I'll be taking in the future for that OEM+, GTI Clubsport-style build. Thanks!
We are still working on this, and don't have an ETA as of just yet, however we are definitely working on it! Lots of people are in the same boat.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
It's possible but we "don't recommend O2 spacers, and suggest running emissions compliant equipment" if you know what I mean.
Weird question - if I have a downpipe that is aftermarket, but won't throw a CEL, would the O2 sensor still need to be unplugged?