GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
About to pull the trigger on an E85 map. I have a well known station for good E a mile from home. Any reason I shouldn’t blend instead?
Should I bother with the cobb TC or LC? From what I’ve researched im leaning No. I know the dreaded CEL comes with the territory now when tuning but when I switch back to my old 93 map I will still be CEL free I assume?
I thought you had a custom tune?

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
You got the fueling setup for it, so no reason to bother blending. Save the headache.

The rule of thumb I've heard is R/S3, stick with oem LC\TC. GTI, go with Cobb. So no, don't bother with it.

When you scan your car, if you currently have the P0420 cat efficiency code (if your downstream O2 is plugged in), or the P0036 code from having the downstream O2 unplugged, then yes you will have the CEL with the new tune. If you don't have either of those codes in the background, then theoretically, you shouldn't have the CEL with the new tune. Either way, if you swap back to your old 93 map, it'll be the same as it is now. No CEL either way.
Thanks !

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
I thought you had a custom tune?
I screwed up when I purchased my initial tuning. I thought I chose additional maps but I didn’t. Seems now I have to pay double

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Can anyone tell me from experience or from seeing other cases whether or not going from a typical 3” downpipe to a Trackslag 4” affects the tune enough to require revision? In my case it was IE to Catted TS.
Thanks.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Can anyone tell me from experience or from seeing other cases whether or not going from a typical 3” downpipe to a Trackslag 4” affects the tune enough to require revision? In my case it was IE to Catted TS.
Thanks.
Require, no. But you might get slightly better response if the cam timing/DI split is cleaned up.

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I am coming up on 50k miles. 2016 .:R
Was going to do a carbon cleaning, and mulling over adding port injection...

https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/precision-raceworks-mpi-kit-vw-audi-mqb

Edit: Would this require a revision to my e-tune? (MPI-specific software tuning is required)

Stupid Idea? Not looking for more power just freeing the car of carbon cleaning requirements down the road.

Any impact on Emissions readyness? Presently I am passing my state's inspections yearly.

904mk7

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 PP GTI

https://eqtuning.com/collections/vw-audi/products/precision-raceworks-mpi-kit-vw-audi-mqb

Edit: Would this require a revision to my e-tune? (MPI-specific software tuning is required)

Stupid Idea? Not looking for more power just freeing the car of carbon cleaning requirements down the road.

Any impact on Emissions readyness? Presently I am passing my state's inspections yearly.
No. They only kick in at a set tq request, but you'd have to be custom tuned for it.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

Way more expensive than a carbon cleaning if you’re not going to take advantage of the increased fueling headroom.

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
When you say "Kit" don't know if you are including 5bar Map/4bar PUT kit, in addition to, the fuel rail/injector kit?
I saw the kit, and the euro manifold and the sensor. Will likely go that route. I assume, but not sure, with the upgraded sensor, map revision(s) to add MPI, could then add wee bit of boost? As I recall the stock sensor tops out at 28 PSI?

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Way more expensive than a carbon cleaning if you’re not going to take advantage of the increased fueling headroom.
Yeah, I get that. But I plan to drive this car into the ground, so I am figuring in the cost/hassle of future cleanings too. And I could, of course take advantage of the fueling headroom: Question, does this necessitate an upgrade to the low pressure pump? Or is there something to be gained without that? (No plans for E-85 or other exotic fuel things, just 93 pump gas).

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You don't need a bigger LPFP to use MPI, but it would become your bottleneck with higher ethanol percentages. You just have to scale power back to compensate.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I get that. But I plan to drive this car into the ground, so I am figuring in the cost/hassle of future cleanings too. And I could, of course take advantage of the fueling headroom: Question, does this necessitate an upgrade to the low pressure pump? Or is there something to be gained without that? (No plans for E-85 or other exotic fuel things, just 93 pump gas).
Why not? Lots of power on the table with ethanol and if you’re bothering with mpi you may as well take full advantage of it besides just valve cleaning.

GTI_JoEy

Car(s)
2020 GTI SE 6SPD M
Anybody ever get a p227100 code when scanning with obd? Doesn’t trigger a CEL but comes up when it’s scanned. Failed inspection today because of it.