GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
The difference is in the revision number. Think the latest is 2.51 if I remember correctly
Sorry let me rephrase. Is there a difference between the OTS tune needed from a 2017 GTI to a 2018 GTI? I may be selling my AP with EQT 93 stage 1. My GTI is a 2018, there’s is a 2017.

Reactions: krs

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sorry let me rephrase. Is there a difference between the OTS tune needed from a 2017 GTI to a 2018 GTI? I may be selling my AP with EQT 93 stage 1. My GTI is a 2018, there’s is a 2017.
Ask Cobb to be sure but I don't think there's a difference.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

No difference between the OTS tunes. 2019 and up is different, but 2015 - 2018 are compatible.

https://eqtuning.com/apps/help-center#used

Question: I am thinking about buying a used Accessport that has EQT tunes on them, will they work for my car?

Answer: "it depends". Depending on the version tune, the tune that someone else has on their Accessport may or may not work on your vehicle. For 2015-2018 vehicles, All modern tunes starting with v2.0 are built upon the Cobb Consolidated ROM file structure (CCF for short) and they are interchangeable between any 2015-2018 of that particular model vehicle. So for example a tune for a GTI or A3 for a 2015 can work on another 2015-2018 GTI or A3. And the same for the Golf R and S3.

2019+ is a whole different ECU and cannot interchange with the older ones. So no a 2019 tune will not be compatible with a 2015-2018.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
No difference between the OTS tunes. 2019 and up is different, but 2015 - 2018 are compatible.

Question: I am thinking about buying a used Accessport that has EQT tunes on them, will they work for my car?

Answer: "it depends". Depending on the version tune, the tune that someone else has on their Accessport may or may not work on your vehicle. For 2015-2018 vehicles, All modern tunes starting with v2.0 are built upon the Cobb Consolidated ROM file structure (CCF for short) and they are interchangeable between any 2015-2018 of that particular model vehicle. So for example a tune for a GTI or A3 for a 2015 can work on another 2015-2018 GTI or A3. And the same for the Golf R and S3.

2019+ is a whole different ECU and cannot interchange with the older ones. So no a 2019 tune will not be compatible with a 2015-2018.
That's not true for a custom tune for a 2015-2018 model is it? Just the OTS tunes?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
That's not true for a custom tune for a 2015-2018 model is it? Just the OTS tunes?

You could load it on, but probably not a good idea given how tailed a custom tune is to a specific setup.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You could load it on, but probably not a good idea given how tailed a custom tune is to a specific setup.
Right I get the custom for a different car. What I was getting at is I read some of those and see that the tune is locked to a specific car.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

That’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Any concern with the AFR being a bit rich during this pull?

https://datazap.me/u/will/eqt-st2?log=0&data=1-7-11

I have not un-installed the downstream o2 sensor yet. Is this an example of the Accessport adding a bit too much fuel as the ECU "learns" the car? I have a GTI Jake downpipe with medium vibrant o2 spacer.
Looks completely normal to me... It's following the AFR set point.

mfrench2022

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7.5 r
Finally flashed my car with Cobb this past weekend and ended up ordering a stage 1 93 octane EQT tune. What a difference is makes on the car compared to my JB4. Pulls are so much harder and smoother and the crackle in sport mode is a bit addicting. One happy customer.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Any concern with the AFR being a bit rich during this pull?

https://datazap.me/u/will/eqt-st2?log=0&data=1-7-11

I have not un-installed the downstream o2 sensor yet. Is this an example of the Accessport adding a bit too much fuel as the ECU "learns" the car? I have a GTI Jake downpipe with medium vibrant o2 spacer.

You're actually not running as rich as the tune wants in parts of the pull. I don't think it's anything to worry about though.

1643325725893.png

Luva

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Finally flashed my car with Cobb this past weekend and ended up ordering a stage 1 93 octane EQT tune. What a difference is makes on the car compared to my JB4. Pulls are so much harder and smoother and the crackle in sport mode is a bit addicting. One happy customer.

Welcome to the EQT family! Imagine if C&D or R&T did a full car review on a stage 1 GTI or Golf R. Well, time to get a good traffic lawyer on retainer.