GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I ordered the DSG tune last week after running COBB aggressive tune for a while and it is a night and day difference. I can, for the first time since I bought the car, drive in "D" mode. I love how pedal input actually makes the DSG shift. Only thing I would change would be a little quicker downshifts, at times RPMs reach almost 1100 before it downshifts, but I guess that makes it feel smoother for daily driving. Driving it in sport shifts are great, almost at the same point I use to shift a manual. And shifting is quicker and harder than COBB! I feel the car is quicker, I don't recall TC light coming on with COBB aggressive in 2nd and 3rd gear. I think weather may have something to do, but I'm in Texas, and most of my driving is still between 60-75 F. Also, this is with Yokohama Advan V601's.

Question, on the stage tuning, does TC stays on all the time once enabled? With COBB I have to turn the TC on "2" all the time. I thought once you set it to 2 it was supposed to stay there? I already changed the TC with OBDEleven to TC on, Sport, TC Off.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I ordered the DSG tune last week after running COBB aggressive tune for a while and it is a night and day difference. I can, for the first time since I bought the car, drive in "D" mode. I love how pedal input actually makes the DSG shift. Only thing I would change would be a little quicker downshifts, at times RPMs reach almost 1100 before it downshifts, but I guess that makes it feel smoother for daily driving. Driving it in sport shifts are great, almost at the same point I use to shift a manual. And shifting is quicker and harder than COBB! I feel the car is quicker, I don't recall TC light coming on with COBB aggressive in 2nd and 3rd gear. I think weather may have something to do, but I'm in Texas, and most of my driving is still between 60-75 F. Also, this is with Yokohama Advan V601's.

Question, on the stage tuning, does TC stays on all the time once enabled? With COBB I have to turn the TC on "2" all the time. I thought once you set it to 2 it was supposed to stay there? I already changed the TC with OBDEleven to TC on, Sport, TC Off.
I think I remember in the Cobb notes saying that Cobb tc reverts to a certain number every time you cycle the ignition.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. I haven't tried 3, but with the lack of grip on lower gears anything is better than full off, and OEM TC kicks in too abruptly.
in your other post when you say "TC off" do you mean "ASR off" or "ESC off"? bc you want ESC off

Green SVT

Car(s)
19 Golf R, 98 M3
I know this won't be news to the veterans around here, but for the relatively new and the lurkers, just wanted to share my experience. I ran my car on Dragy both stock and then on the EQT stage 1 tune. Both times nothing taken out of the car. Including the spare tire kit.

2019 Golf R DSG
(Stock)
0-60 4.79
60' 2.01
1/8 8.51s@82.81
1/4 13.23s@104.69
Quickest time was 13.17s@105.03 but was invalid even though the exact stretch of road.

EQT Stage 1/DSG Tune
0-60 3.88
60' 1.82
1/8 7.77s@89.07
1/4 12.18s@110.08
Quickest trap invalid at 12.16s@112.36

Definitely a nice change. I'm quite pleased.

-R

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Have parts on the way for 400+whp, probably start my EQT tune early next year. Guessing March-April...though I am wondering if I am going to have traction problems at those power levels in 3rd gear throwing off my logs. Pilot sport all season 4s are up front currently. I could drop to lower pressures when logging to hopefully keep traction control from engaging. (plan B) Or as plan C get some extra wheels and run a pair of gripy summer tires.

Really not fond of 4th gear logs.... 😅