dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
8B2F97E4-6E51-4153-AE55-6F9E275A4389.jpeg

Green SVT

Car(s)
19 Golf R, 98 M3
I've been such a wuss when it comes to tuning. Firstly as this is my first turbo. And of course that 6yr/72k warranty. It's like a warm blanket. But i went ahead and ordered an AP stage 1 and DSG tune so I guess I'm all in. Can't lie, I'm a bit excited. Let's go!

-R

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I've been such a wuss when it comes to tuning. Firstly as this is my first turbo. And of course that 6yr/72k warranty. It's like a warm blanket. But i went ahead and ordered an AP stage 1 and DSG tune so I guess I'm all in. Can't lie, I'm a bit excited. Let's go!

-R
Its always a good idea to weigh the pros/cons, especially in a pay-to-play situation. So long as you accept (and can support) the fiscal burden should something happen to your car, then go for it. You only live once and can't take it with you!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hi Ed, curious to know since IE has rolling anti-lag feature now, are you going to offer this as well?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hi Ed, curious to know since IE has rolling anti-lag feature now, are you going to offer this as wel
That would be up to Cobb, but there are no plans for it. It’s a feature I don’t recommend to my customers even on platforms that do support it like GTR and Supra.

— Ed

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
@Ed @ EQT Is there plans to make a separate Stage 1 vs, Stage 2 DSG file for the 7spd (DQ381) similar to the 6spd tunes? If not, is it beneficial to do a custom DSG tune for WOT shift points tailored to Stage 2 or is the performance gain minimal?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
@Ed @ EQT Is there plans to make a separate Stage 1 vs, Stage 2 DSG file for the 7spd (DQ381) similar to the 6spd tunes? If not, is it beneficial to do a custom DSG tune for WOT shift points tailored to Stage 2 or is the performance gain minimal?
When you order you can report what mods and turbo you’re running.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
When you order you can report what mods and turbo you’re running.
Yes but if you have a 7spd you still only get one file whether running Stage 1 or Stage 2 ECU Tune.
Whereas the 6spd DSG's got an updated DSG tune that has slightly optimized shift points dependent on if running Stage 1 or 2 (per the V2.5 update notes)

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yes but if you have a 7spd you still only get one file whether running Stage 1 or Stage 2 ECU Tune.
Whereas the 6spd DSG's got an updated DSG tune that has slightly optimized shift points dependent on if running Stage 1 or 2 (per the V2.5 update notes)
Looking at the order form it’s the same no matter which year car you choose.

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
Looking at the order form it’s the same no matter which year car you choose.
But the file they actually send you once you provide your TCU ID is not. Since I have the MQ381 DSG, I was sent a file that under it's AP description says "Stage 1/2" and when I followed up with EQT they told me the 7spd DSG's only have one tune file that covers both Stage 1 and 2.

Whereas the 6spd DSG's have a separate Stage 1 and 2 file for slightly different WOT shift points.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
There will be one eventually, but the shift points are really not much different between stage 1 and 2.