GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Don't bother with the traction control with the R.
Don't bother with NLS (unless you like the idea of wearing out the clutch and gearbox at a much faster pace)
Have you used the COBB Traction Control before? I'm trying to confirm how it actually works.. Yeah im not doing NLS lol, im watching the other thread where it killed 4th gear...
Notice in my post I said Im getting Launch Control, never NLS.... don't know where the NLS is coming from

What Dave said is not correct, both are totally independent systems. It's described pretty well in the Cobb documentation on their support page, but you seem to have a good understanding how it works.

Yeah, they can either change the default slot to say 5 or 6, or change the target slip value in the tune such that Slot 1 = 10% slip vs 0% slip, etc.

Well nothing on the COBB Documentation says they work independently, but it also doesn't say explicitly it disables the OEM TC.....
But I'm assuming you have tested this? enabling one, disabling the other... so its confirmed they work independently....?

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
I simply added the NLS comment, not from what you posted, but just to post it.

As for the traction control question, how much power do you think you're going to make that necessitates traction control on an AWD vehicle? There's nothing wrong with the stock solution for this car; and with AWD, unless your Haldex is blown, you're not going to get the wheel spin differential needed to allow the traction control sensors to see if it's needed to intervene. (In the snow, I easily get all four wheels spinning without any traction control intervention)

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
I found cobb TC to be annoying with AWD...even on the least restrictive setting, it would still kick in pretty good when using launch control.

I think it might be nice for a day when its a little damp out, but you still wanna drive hard or it's an autocross event or something.

There should be a tune option such that Cobb TC is activated in the tune file, but disabled by default. That way it defaults off, but you can still go into the setting and turn it on if you needed or wanted to for some reason. I would just make that the default option--why not incorporate cobb custom features into your tunes?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
It is time for EQT to hire a few people. They've been overwhelmed for at least a year now. This forum has added to their sales because of all the recommendations including me.
We have been hiring people steadily. We added a tuner and 3 support staff including a sales and support manager. As a result, our support and fulfillment times have been improving greatly. Communications are never perfect, however. E-mails get lost in spam, customers miss them entirely, customer's voicemail boxes are full, etc, etc. We always do our best to respond in a reasonable time but hurdles like that sometimes prevent this.

-- Ed

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
We have been hiring people steadily. We added a tuner and 3 support staff including a sales and support manager. As a result, our support and fulfillment times have been improving greatly. Communications are never perfect, however. E-mails get lost in spam, customers miss them entirely, customer's voicemail boxes are full, etc, etc. We always do our best to respond in a reasonable time but hurdles like that sometimes prevent this.

-- Ed
A CRM wouldn't help?

mongorie

More likely e-mails are getting lost.... never fun when people enter the wrong info at order.

-- Ed
I've done this twice.... unintentionally of course...but Eqt's customer service is top notch it only takes a day or two to rectify it.
One gripe is the emails forward to spam when using Gmail for some reason.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
A CRM wouldn't help?
This. Their CS model is all over the place... There's a support email, this forum to some extent, and then a Facebook page with 7.5k people, some of which I presume aren't even customers and spread bad information. On top of that, there's 3+ people fielding questions as furiously as they can on FB comments and private messages, as wells as individual emails.

It's a double edged sword... The one on one interaction on FB is great and has earned them a reputation for being helpful and willing to share knowledge, but I have to sort through the sewage to find the information.

Those guys are probably too accessible on multiple platforms and instead should require that all inquiries are submitted via a form and go through a CRM and assigned individual ticket numbers.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

-- Ed
Congratulations on your success. Well deserved.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
This. Their CS model is all over the place... There's a support email, this forum to some extent, and then a Facebook page with 7.5k people, some of which I presume aren't even customers and spread bad information. On top of that, there's 3+ people fielding questions as furiously as they can on FB comments and private messages, as wells as individual emails.

It's a double edged sword... The one on one interaction on FB is great and has earned them a reputation for being helpful and willing to share knowledge, but I have to sort through the sewage to find the information.

Those guys are probably too accessible on multiple platforms and instead should require that all inquiries are submitted via a form and go through a CRM and assigned individual ticket numbers.
We have a CRM with tickets.... all support e-mail goes through that.

-- Ed

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
Are we still disconnecting the downstream O2? It’s not mentioned anywhere or in emails after purchasing tuning. Recently discovered p0420 code which is why I ask. So I cleared it and disconnected the sensor.
is anything else required such as reflash

Rare Ara S3

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi S3, GTI
yes, disconnect rear O2 sensor if you otherwise get a P0420. Clear codes should be sufficient after you unplug the sensor
Appreciate it