GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
What are the recommended spark plugs for stage 2? I'm on Ruthenium's and am seeing some spark knock that I'd like to eliminate. The latest v2.51 tune file helped a bit (was seeing -4.5 / -3.5 on cyl 3 & 4 respectively), and I've now got a full tank of 91 + octane booster to see if I can get it down even further, but when my hybrid turbo + MPI kit gets here, I'd like to go 1-2 heat ranges colder so I'd like to know what to consider.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
What are the recommended spark plugs for stage 2? I'm on Ruthenium's and am seeing some spark knock that I'd like to eliminate. The latest v2.51 tune file helped a bit (was seeing -4.5 / -3.5 on cyl 3 & 4 respectively), and I've now got a full tank of 91 + octane booster to see if I can get it down even further, but when my hybrid turbo + MPI kit gets here, I'd like to go 1-2 heat ranges colder so I'd like to know what to consider.
Are your Ruths gapped to .024? That’s what I’m using on my EQT stage 2 with no issues. When those plugs are toast, I’m debating switching to NGK RS7 plugs (91006)

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
Are your Ruths gapped to .024? That’s what I’m using on my EQT stage 2 with no issues. When those plugs are toast, I’m debating switching to NGK RS7 plugs (91006)
They are, yeah. I'm positive EQT can tune out the part throttle spark knock I'm seeing, but I'd like to see what I can do on my end while waiting for them to get back to me (they're incredibly delayed in answering me, but I'm sure it's not just me).

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Hey Ed! I ordered my COBB accessport through your website yesterday and opted for the 93 stage 1 tune. Have you been impacted at all by COVID in terms of having access ports in stock? And if so, what have your shipping dates looked like? I look forward to being on the platform and eventually going all out with one of your turbos and a pro-tune. Thanks!

Last edited:

Got Boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Hey Ed! I ordered my COBB accessport through your website yesterday and opted for the custom 93 stage 1 tune. Have you been impacted at all by COVID in terms of having access ports in stock? And if so, what have your shipping dates looked like? I look forward to being on the platform and eventually going all out with one of your turbos and a pro-tune. Thanks!
Don’t think your gonna see any delays. I ordered an AP with EQT tunes off their site early yesterday and got a tracking number late last night.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Don’t think your gonna see any delays. I ordered an AP with EQT tunes off their site early yesterday and got a tracking number late last night.
Yea I got the tracking last night, kind of amazing. I was willing to order the AP from COBB if necessary, but it looks like Ed and the gang have everything under control.

Curryninja

Car(s)
2016 MK7 GTI
Sounds like they got things streamlined now. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Staged Tune emailed? I ordered it last night.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Sounds like they got things streamlined now. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Staged Tune emailed? I ordered it last night.
Sometimes a day or so and when they are busy longer. They seem to be caught up better currently so I would think pretty quick.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I ordered my AP on Good Friday, had a tracking number Easter night, and had it in my hands 3 days later. That's impressive without a there being a holiday and covid.

Reactions: the

scrllock

Autocross Champion
There's manual work involved. I think their response times are trash but 24 hours would be beyond a dream. Try waiting 5 months for a custom base map, haha.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Their response time seems to go in cycles. If you happen to get them on a good cycle, you'll get stuff/response real quick. Victim of their own success and nature of their meteoric rise with associated growing pains I suppose.