GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Got Boost

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So I’m new to the Golf R and looking for tuning. Was previously in a MK6 GTI running a COBB AP with their stage 1 high boost tune and loved it. How does your stage 1 tune compare to COBBs. Basically, what’s the advantage of spending the extra money for your tune versus just running COBBs tunes. Golf R is a 2017 running a DSG trans. So I’d be looking for both ECU and TCU tunes.
Thanks

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
So I’m new to the Golf R and looking for tuning. Was previously in a MK6 GTI running a COBB AP with their stage 1 high boost tune and loved it. How does your stage 1 tune compare to COBBs. Basically, what’s the advantage of spending the extra money for your tune versus just running COBBs tunes. Golf R is a 2017 running a DSG trans. So I’d be looking for both ECU and TCU tunes.
Thanks
Not even a question. Eqt or pretty much any other tuner is smoother, more power, and less knocking

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Eqt simply has a more efficient and more powerful tune over whatever cobb has available.

cinosa

Car(s)
Mk 7.5 Golf R
I sent an email 2 days ago looking for some info on doing an update to the ECU/DSG tunes, and I need my original order # (shoulda kept that email, damn it) to complete the update purchase. What's the typical turn around time for emails sent to the sales or support email addresses?

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Are you slamming the brake? If i remember correctly you just need enough to start slowing the car down

Nope, very mild pressure into a longer turn, only intention was to build boost for when I exit. Just gentle enough to start slowing down, but once they grabbed throttle just completely cuts.

Next time I'll try it again, maybe I was doing something wrong.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Nope, very mild pressure into a longer turn, only intention was to build boost for when I exit. Just gentle enough to start slowing down, but once they grabbed throttle just completely cuts.

Next time I'll try it again, maybe I was doing something wrong.
Try on a straight line, not sure if you can do it past a certain steering angle

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Ecutek released map switching, is it a separate "tune" for each map slot or is it just permutations of the primary tune? Like, If I wanted an E85 map, and E50 map, a pump gas map, and a lean burn "eco" map, am I 1600 into just different maps, or would it be a smaller charge per map?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Ecutek released map switching, is it a separate "tune" for each map slot or is it just permutations of the primary tune? Like, If I wanted an E85 map, and E50 map, a pump gas map, and a lean burn "eco" map, am I 1600 into just different maps, or would it be a smaller charge per map?

There isnt enough room on the ECU for proper multiple tunes so I have to assume its config changes within the same tune. Would be nice to get an official answer from ECUTek on this.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
From what I gathered, you can just do adjustable torque target per slot. Effectively different boost/power per slot, and some valet type functionality (speed, range, time). but that's it. I saw phase 2 was supposed to include timing and/or E content adjustable per slot, but not a lot of fine details.