GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Did you notice a difference between 2.50 and 2.51? I just want to know if it's worth the $ to update. That's all.
Not one person has said a bad thing about it. So you're gonna have to fork over the 25 bucks and try it yourself. Updates are always improvements (he's not just changing it because he wanted to change the feel of the tune), so in that sense, update it and if you dislike it so much to the point you don't want to take advantage of the fixes, you can roll back.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Just flashed stg1 93 octane tune + dsg tune.

Sooo smoove!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I can't seem to get a reply from eqt... Ordered their OTS stg1 93 tune yesterday and got nothing except saying I'll get the tune file "shortly".

Anyway, for their dsg tune, is eco mode affacted or just D/S modes?

Again, I've asked them this question and am not getting a reply.

Thoughts?
Eco mode remains close to factory.

-- Ed

Papercuts2

Ready to race!
Ed,
I’m getting a stage 3 build from Pagparts for my GTI and am interested on your turbo and tunes. From your experience what would you recommend for the turbo size and tunes? I already have all the usual bolt on parts for this project.
I’m looking for reliability and it’s a daily.
I’ll be using 93 oct and would like to avoid changing the fuel system.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ed,
I’m getting a stage 3 build from Pagparts for my GTI and am interested on your turbo and tunes. From your experience what would you recommend for the turbo size and tunes? I already have all the usual bolt on parts for this project.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ed will tune a Vortex car without at least a HPFP.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Ed,

So you’re building the motor to stay stock fuel and on 93?

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Ed will tune a Vortex car without at least a HPFP.
Correct. Any upgraded turbo car should have at least an upgraded HPFP.

-- Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Even is38 on 93 or were you only referring to big/Hybrid turbo?
Even stock turbo cars can gain quite a bit with ethanol. If you’re going through all the trouble and expense of swapping a turbo and paying for a tune why not go a tad further and get that extra power.

Agray

Go Kart Champion
Even stock turbo cars can gain quite a bit with ethanol. If you’re going through all the trouble and expense of swapping a turbo and paying for a tune why not go a tad further and get that extra power.
Because in my experience once you start making changes to the stock fueling system, reliability takes a hit. If that’s a misnomer on this platform, please educate me.

Papercuts2

Ready to race!
Well,
Give me a little guidance if you can please.
I come from the BMW scene.
About 2 yrs ago sold my car.
Bought a GTI and I love it.
I completely built my BMW but have no clue about VW