GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Has EQT done any ECUtek tunes for MK7's recently?

Honestly, we've only done a dozen or so, but they're mainly ROW vehicles that do not have Cobb options supported. There hasn't been many customers on ECUTek in the states, because Cobb still has an edge in overall tuning ability as well as ease of mapping. When we do ECUTek maps, they're custom from the ground up each and every time.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
I understand, but there's plenty of dudes who aren't interested in spending that kind of money on a cookie cutter setup, or want to deal with tuning process etc. Other companies such as unitronic, etc offer a few different DSG files with different LC rev limits etc, just saying.

Do you think this could be a thing in the future for a $25 "dsg update" or $75 "tune change" purchase? I'm already thinking about paying to have my tunes changed to remove cobb TC.

Some good news from Ed this morning. I spoke with him about doing custom DSG files for those of you wanting launch adjustments based on your feedback, and not wanting to use the Cobb LC strategy which allows for more granular launch RPM adjustments. If you choose to stay with the OE launch control strategy, we can add a $100 option to the DSG tuning purchase that will allow you to request specific launch control settings.

If this is something everyone is interested, please simply give this post a thumbs up, or a response with concurrence. If there's not a lot of feedback, he'll probably not spend a lot of time on the idea.

Side note for the Lower Torque maps that some have requested in here: We're not likely to travel down this path, as it would of course require yet another map set that would need to be refined for every make/model we currently have map sets out for.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
You'll probably get a lot more feedback on Facebook.

But I like the idea and would pay for it.

It's too bad Cobb doesn't have some sort of implementation to let end users fiddle around with this stuff on their own.

ScozR

Ready to race!
Some good news from Ed this morning. I spoke with him about doing custom DSG files for those of you wanting launch adjustments based on your feedback, and not wanting to use the Cobb LC strategy which allows for more granular launch RPM adjustments. If you choose to stay with the OE launch control strategy, we can add a $100 option to the DSG tuning purchase that will allow you to request specific launch control settings.

If this is something everyone is interested, please simply give this post a thumbs up, or a response with concurrence. If there's not a lot of feedback, he'll probably not spend a lot of time on the idea.

Side note for the Lower Torque maps that some have requested in here: We're not likely to travel down this path, as it would of course require yet another map set that would need to be refined for every make/model we currently have map sets out for.

Thanks for inquiring about the low torque maps Cliff. I already went a bought myself a protune.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Currently on the Littco L450 with pump gas in the GTI. I have the Autotech HPFP and would like to add the A2B LPFP. Any idea on what e-mix I would be limited to, e50?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Thinking about it. Dont think its worth getting a custom tune atm. Thanks for the response my man!

For not that much more money you would be surprised how much better a custom tune is and for safety also.

Ostateballer

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI S PP/LP
Recently dealing with high knock at WOT, even after filling up at two different stations. Filled up a third time and was dealing with power loss at WOT when hitting peak boost. No CEL is thrown, it just jolts out of power (no smoke, weird noises, etc). Car runs fine after this event(s).

So, tonight I put in new spark plugs (maybe it was misfires I thought). Still occurring. I ruled out a few things, it is not gear change or RPM dependent. I can rev RPM's up to 7k no problem. It seems to happen at WOT/when peak boost is hit.

To note, there were a few recent mods I did: A2B RS3 LPFP, Innovative MTX-D ethanal sensor, switched to APR IS38 DSG file from Stage 2. Other mods are listed in my signature. Knock was recently pre-existing before the new mod additions, so I figured bad gas. And it may be unrelated, however the power loss at WOT is new. And that is where I need help diagnosing: such as I noticed HPFP volume hitting 100 vs before it never went above 90.

Here is a quick log just punching it a bit in sport mode:
https://datazap.me/u/ostateballer/power-loss-wot-peak-boost?log=0&data=8-14

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Recently dealing with high knock at WOT, even after filling up at two different stations. Filled up a third time and was dealing with power loss at WOT when hitting peak boost. No CEL is thrown, it just jolts out of power (no smoke, weird noises, etc). Car runs fine after this event(s).

So, tonight I put in new spark plugs (maybe it was misfires I thought). Still occurring. I ruled out a few things, it is not gear change or RPM dependent. I can rev RPM's up to 7k no problem. It seems to happen at WOT/when peak boost is hit.

To note, there were a few recent mods I did: A2B RS3 LPFP, Innovative MTX-D ethanal sensor, switched to APR IS38 DSG file from Stage 2. Other mods are listed in my signature. Knock was recently pre-existing before the new mod additions, so I figured bad gas. And it may be unrelated, however the power loss at WOT is new. And that is where I need help diagnosing: such as I noticed HPFP volume hitting 100 vs before it never went above 90.

Here is a quick log just punching it a bit in sport mode:
https://datazap.me/u/ostateballer/power-loss-wot-peak-boost?log=0&data=8-14
Your LPFP is the issue, looks like it is cutting out. Signs that it is LPFP, railpressure drops before HPFP maxes out then all hell breaks loose trying to save it STFT maxes out and injectors open completely and railpressure drops to nothing.

https://datazap.me/u/ostateballer/power-loss-wot-peak-boost?log=0&data=1-2-8-14-18-22-35

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
FYI:

We finally have some of our MQB Vortex turbos in stock and ready to ship! Get them while they last with no wait time!

1599094517959.png

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
We had no plans for a sale this holiday weekend. But since you guys kept asking, we'll offer free shipping through Monday!

Use code LABORSHIPPING at checkout!

*** We will use and cover shipping via reasonable methods. This will not apply to things like next day air! ***

https://eqtuning.com/