GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I tested that. I ran 10 tanks of gas with the 02 sensor diconnected up top and 10 tanks with it connected and saw zero difference in MPG. I'm not buying that leaving the 02 sensor plugged in will cause it to run rich over time. And my testing is relatively controlled because I run a delivery route that's very similar everyday. I'm going to leave mine unplugged but not because there's any proof of it running rich over time.

I agree. I have not noticed any change.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
I tested that. I ran 10 tanks of gas with the 02 sensor diconnected up top and 10 tanks with it connected and saw zero difference in MPG. I'm not buying that leaving the 02 sensor plugged in will cause it to run rich over time. And my testing is relatively controlled because I run a delivery route that's very similar everyday. I'm going to leave mine unplugged but not because there's any proof of it running rich over time.
I never had any mpg change but i did have i throw a code 3-4 times with easy driving on the highway on my trip before i knew to unplug it

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
It definitely runs a little rich with the rear O2 plugged in on a catless/high flow cat that would otherwise throw a code. It's just not a very big difference at all. You can easily see it in datalogs, both at cruise and wide open throttle. It's so small it's going to have an insignificant impact on MPG. I'd have to pull up the logs but maybe like .1-.3 richer AFRs. There seems to be some logic in the ECU behind the scenes that adds a little fuel when P0420 is present.

The problem is that Cobb AP doesn't disable any codes or monitors, it simply prevents the light from coming on in the dash. This was surely done to avoid EPA coming after them..it is what it is. Other tuning options that actually disables the code(s), don't have this issue. I keep my rear sensor unplugged.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I plugged my bung hole.

Do you need... TP for your bung hole?

CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
I’m getting a weird rattle can noise under acceleration after installing downpipe and tuned stage 2, but only in 1st and 2nd gear at lower RPM, but knock sensors are at 0, and no CEL or anything. Anyone have any ideas?

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I’m getting a weird rattle can noise under acceleration after installing downpipe and tuned stage 2, but only in 1st and 2nd gear at lower RPM, but knock sensors are at 0, and no CEL or anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Could be one of the heat shields bouncing off of your DP. I would double check the clearance on your DP.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

I had a similar issue. Had a MAP downpipe on, and I had taken down my exhaust. When I put it back up, I had a weird rattle at low RPM, mostly when accelerating from a stop. I couldn't figure out what was causing it. Downpipe wasn't touching anything. I took it off, put it back on, and the noise went away.

I'm sure it was touching somewhere and making the noise, but I couldn't find out where.

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
I'll double check the DP. Figured it was something hitting, since it's only present when the engine moves the most. Plus the AMS heat shield is pretty hefty.

Thanks guys!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Check all exhaust connections. I was getting a metallic rattle under some load at low RPM in 1st and 2nd on a cold engine. Thought it was the DMF, turned out to be the clamp from the DP resonator to the catback.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Check all exhaust connections. I was getting a metallic rattle under some load at low RPM in 1st and 2nd on a cold engine. Thought it was the DMF, turned out to be the clamp from the DP resonator to the catback.
Was it too loose, or just sitting at just the right spot to hit something?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

That would line up with the issue when I was having it. I spent an hour under my car, and didn't find my exhaust touching anything, anywhere. So the clamp from the downpipe to the catback being a little too loose and rattling makes sense.