GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
From what I learned and noticed experimentally, the worse your ambient conditions are, the more boost the ECU will request to meet torque targets. I boost higher at 2700 ft than at sea level.
Oh ok, that makes sense. My ambient conditions during summer are absolutely hellish. Would probably also explain the knock retard issue.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Oh ok, that makes sense. My ambient conditions during summer are absolutely hellish. Would probably also explain the knock retard issue.

You want hellish ambient conditions come to Phoenix it's 117 degrees today.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
You guys know that our DQ381 tune for the R has been out since the 4th right?!

-- Ed

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
You guys know that our DQ381 tune for the R has been out since the 4th right?!

-- Ed
Would like to try out the DQ381 tune but I ordered the Cobb AP DSG upgrade on the 6th and still haven't received it. But you guys are probably super busy.

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Would like to try out the DQ381 tune but I ordered the Cobb AP DSG upgrade on the 6th and still haven't received it. But you guys are probably super busy.
You have to go through Cobb support to get it activated on your AP

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

You'll want to e-mail patrick as they are all fullfilled as far as he's aware.

-- Ed

Sleep7R

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 Golf R DSG
You'll want to e-mail patrick as they are all fullfilled as far as he's aware.

-- Ed
I received it last night! Thanks.

It fixed my launch problems, thankfully. I also ordered your DQ381 tune.

Edit: So just got the EQT DSG tune, and it's so good! My best 0-60 results, all at Stage 1, as follows.

Before DSG tune: 4.53 0-60 (913 DA)

Cobb DSG tune: 4.35 0-60 (3100 DA)

EQT DSG tune: 4.21 0-60 (3300 DA)

Could probably get down to 4 flat with a better DA and maybe launching at lower RPM due to wheelspin. Couldn't be happier. Was worried the Mk7.5 not being able to disable the "starting vibration" option in OBDEleven would damper my enjoyment with this car due to the torque limit, but DSG tune fixed it.

Last edited:

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Any progress on the GTI 7 sp DSG? I know last time anything was mentioned you guys were looking for a car?

Not sure if we've found a local car yet, but I think we have a customer with a GTI/GLI that was going to drop his car off with us for a week in order for Ed to work on the DSG tune.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Different gear ratios so I need to dial in the shift schedule for them. And I need a local car to do that with.

-- Ed

Manual is same though, so can I use the E30 Stage 1 map on a 19 GTI 6mt?

Edit - No E30 for me?
Screenshot_20200716-092046_Maps.jpg