GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Wanted to pop back in to update this thread, as it's only fair we report the good with the bad.

Patrick did reply to my first email question from a week ago earlier today.
My AP order from 3 days ago also updated to Shipped today.

So, considering the volume they've got going on - these are acceptable turnaround times, IMO.

I've built and run a couple of very busy E-commerce shops in past years. 8 or so years ago I built one that got 100+ orders every single day. I had to process and ship all of them - by myself. I was usually on a 2 or 3 day turnaround time so I know how it goes. I also know, that there's people out there that if they don't get a follow up that their order has shipped within a few hours, they'll lose their mind and bombard you with follow ups.

Beyond that, the shopify style software EQT is using for their E-comm is nice and modern. We didn't have any of that thar new fangled aaapplliiicaaayshuns a decade ago.

Thumbs up.

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I find it hilarious there are people I see posting in here about tune/email/response delays that were the same people calling for Jon from 5150’s head for the same reasons just a couple years ago. Give Ed/Jon/whoever the hot tuner is next year a break, guys.

tgtmkt

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Placed my order on Sunday night. Desired EQT tune added to Accessport and shipped on third business day - all good with me. Thanks guys!

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
1593842494820.png

Due to popular demand, we decided to do something special for this holiday weekend. Let's "Boost Your Independence" with EQT goodies for your car!

--------------------------------------

First, we have a couple long awaited new releases, and of course a nice sale to to go with it.

- We're releasing our E30 Stage 1 and Stage 2 Staged tunes for 2015-2018 GTI. These are staged tunes that you flash and enjoy with a 30% ethanol mix. Enjoy a 20-30whp gain over our pump gas tunes, all on the stock fuel system.

- We're also releasing our new DSG Staged Tune for the 7 Speed DSG (DQ381) for 2018-2019 Golf R. This has a slew of improvements including refinements of shift schedule, shift times, clutch slip reduction, launch control, etc.

--------------------------------------

For the sale, hard parts discounts are marked and tuning discounts are automatically applied at checkout. The sale will be live through July 5th. Here are the hot items:

- Free EQT ECU/TCU Staged Tune with VW/Audi Cobb AccessPort or DSG Upgrade Purchase!

- $200 Off EQT Vortex and Vortex XL MQB Turbo!

- $50-$100 Off Ecutek Programming Kits and Licenses for VW/Audi/Supra!

- 15% Off all EQT Staged and Custom Tunes for VW/Audi/Supra!

- Free Swag with every order!

One caveat to this fun. Supplies of AccessPorts and Turbos are extremely limited. We are likely to run out of stock quickly. We have orders in place, but do not expect immediate shipment.

https://eqtuning.com/collections/sale-items

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
- We're releasing our E30 Stage 1 and Stage 2 Staged tunes for 2015-2018 GTI. These are staged tunes that you flash and enjoy with a 30% ethanol mix. Enjoy a 20-30whp gain over our pump gas tunes, all on the stock fuel system.
1593869009002.gif

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
My timing sucks. Had the Vortex in cart ready to order at least 3x at last boost sale in Nov and wussed out. Now I pay full price a week+ ago (even though they are on backorder for at least another week or two) and now they have a first ever 4th sale lol.

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
My timing sucks. Had the Vortex in cart ready to order at least 3x at last boost sale in Nov and wussed out. Now I pay full price a week+ ago (even though they are on backorder for at least another week or two) and now they have a first ever 4th sale lol.

Ooof! Sorry about that. I guess you can take solace in knowing that you're guaranteed to get one, vs. the limited quantity that will be available for this weekend's sale :)

JRamboMK7

Car(s)
2019 Golf GTI SE DSG
View attachment 178642

- We're also releasing our new DSG Staged Tune for the 7 Speed DSG (DQ381) for 2018-2019 Golf R. This has a slew of improvements including refinements of shift schedule, shift times, clutch slip reduction, launch control, etc.

Any reason why this doesn't work with 19+ GTI with same transmission? Unless they are different then the R?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
DF8E78BC-CF22-4EE6-99FD-8E750B6B9E00.jpeg

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Will an accessport used to tune a Golf R work to tune a GTI if its unmarried?

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I've been hovering over the buy button for months now. Two questions if you can:

What would the cost be to get both a 91 octane and e30 blend tune with the sale?

How do you think a UM DSG tune is going to act with your ECU tune? Any incompatibility I should worry about? I'm sure your DSG tune is solid either way, just seeing how much I need to spend here haha.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
This will be a dumb question for all, but I like this deal and I'm in no hurry for the AP. I assume one can buy this and sit on it and eventually flash the car? I'm not ready to kill my warranty yet, given the car has had a couple issues.

Oscar_T10

Ready to race!
Car(s)
18 VW GTI SE 6 SP
What's up guys,

First time post ! I have been saving up for the November sale for my tune. The 4th of July sale came up so I am undecided if I should buy it now or wait. Another question is are the COBB Launch & Traction control features highly recommended?

Thanks for you input

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Any reason why this doesn't work with 19+ GTI with same transmission? Unless they are different then the R?
They have different gearing, launch control and modes behavior so tune needs to be adjusted and tested so it works as intended on our cars.