GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I should clarify that Im at sealevel

I should clarify that I'm at 2700-2800 feet. Ambient pressure per the AP was 13.5 psi.

I'll run a log today of third and fourth gears to redline. I'll add IAT to variable list (I didn't modify the default list yesterday, that's why IAT was missing).

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
What regime did you log? 3rd gear? 4th gear? From what RPM to what RPM?
3rd from 2-6.5k but I think you should email or pm Ed on Facebook if he thinks its safe to do that, you might pop your turbo with that much resistance.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Looking at your log, I wonder: would peak boost be higher at altitude (lower atmospheric pressure) and at higher ambient temperatuers? Based on your ambient conditions, you are pretty close to sea level.
Yes, my altitude is 600 ft. The ECU dictates boost levels and the turbo does what it can to meet those requests...working harder at altitude like me when I climb a set of stairs in Winter Park, CO vs Grand Rapids, MI

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yes, my altitude is 600 ft. The ECU dictates boost levels and the turbo does what it can to meet those requests...working harder at altitude like me when I climb a set of stairs in Winter Park, CO vs Grand Rapids, MI

That's 14 meters off from my calculations. Pretty good.
So I assume because air at altitude is less dense, as well at higher temps that I'm experiencing, the turbo should compress it more to meet torque requirements, thus generating more boost. Right?

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
OK, dumb question. Why, since I had auto up-shift and full throttle downshifts disabled when I ordered, does it still happen? I can't find anything in the AP to choose from to toggle between on or off for these features.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Probably human error when making your tune. I would just shoot them an email and be patient, I'm sure Patrick will fix it and get it to you.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Probably human error when making your tune. I would just shoot them an email and be patient, I'm sure Patrick will fix it and get it to you.

This.

Moreover, I think I was able to unintentionally replicate the DV defect on the revised v.2 file that supposedly cured the problem.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon

Got it. I thought I read something about being able to turn it on/off on the AP as long as you chose "disabled" when ordering. Didn't see any options in the tune menu to do this though.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
OK, dumb question. Why, since I had auto up-shift and full throttle downshifts disabled when I ordered, does it still happen? I can't find anything in the AP to choose from to toggle between on or off for these features.
This is happening in Manual mode selection?