GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Eds guesstimating 430ish awhp, which puts me close to 500 crank and that'll be with stock pumps [emoji1417][emoji1417]

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

500 crank is just a number, a lot of that depends on the dyno you're measuring that on, but it's a reasonable goal without too much work to get there!

EDIT: Sorry that sounded really negative. My goal would be to have a measured 500hp, even if it wasn't on a heart breaker dyno.

Last edited:

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
500 crank is just a number, a lot of that depends on the dyno you're measuring that on, but it's a reasonable goal without too much work to get there!
I'm currently unitronic stage 2 but have had a slipping g clutch the whole time I've been turned. Just installed dkm twin disc and the power delivery is insane. so whatever magic Ed can do on my EQT kit with stock pumps I'm SURE will blow me away compared to where I am right now.

davcohen

Ready to race!
Just reading thru the 13 pages and everything is pure positive comments, had my mind set on APR Stage 2 but even with the Cobb AP + Tune File this is going to come in a good few hundred bucks cheaper then what I was quoted locally

Would love if maybe 1 or 2 of the guys would post a video of their Stage 2 tune with pops and bangs just to get an idea how the OTS tune sounds

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Just reading thru the 13 pages and everything is pure positive comments, had my mind set on APR Stage 2 but even with the Cobb AP + Tune File this is going to come in a good few hundred bucks cheaper then what I was quoted locally

Would love if maybe 1 or 2 of the guys would post a video of their Stage 2 tune with pops and bangs just to get an idea how the OTS tune sounds

I found this vid from them:
https://youtu.be/TdLI1MkgSxE

I think someone posted a vid on a mk7/MQB Facebook group, but I'm not too sure. Regardless, the pops and bangs are more tame than other companies'.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT

Here you go. I really like how it’s just a few pops, rather than the continuous popping that APR and Unitronic tunes do. Exhaust setup is IE downpipe and Clubsport S muffler.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fHDXFEH3uMFDN5DmjoCAqAoWl9HRST1n/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kYLGHMek3He-kh3uBH5dEnf5EpJUOFWB/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
Here you go. I really like how it’s just a few pops, rather than the continuous popping that APR and Unitronic tunes do. Exhaust setup is IE downpipe and Clubsport S muffler.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fHDXFEH3uMFDN5DmjoCAqAoWl9HRST1n/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kYLGHMek3He-kh3uBH5dEnf5EpJUOFWB/view?usp=drivesdk

I prefer this much more than my current unitronic stage 2 overrun. This sounds more OEM, where uni sounds exaggerated.

moarhorsepower

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mustang GT, Golf R

davcohen

Ready to race!
Thanks for the videos guys, do you not get any pops below 4k rpms? sounded good from the outside but when viewing the cluster video all pops seem to go after it drops below 4k

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Thanks for the videos guys, do you not get any pops below 4k rpms? sounded good from the outside but when viewing the cluster video all pops seem to go after it drops below 4k

Sorry that wasn’t the greatest video showing that. It will pop around 2800-3000 as well.

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
for those who have the eqt tune, did you get these options:
-Cobb Launch Control (Fuel Cut Based)
-Cobb Adjustable Traction Control

do you like these options, is it that much different ?

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
for those who have the eqt tune, did you get these options:
-Cobb Launch Control (Fuel Cut Based)
-Cobb Adjustable Traction Control

do you like these options, is it that much different ?

Those are the additional options that you can have Ed enable. I had him on my S2 base tune but honestly haven't messed with them. These settings do reset after turning the car off/on so you would need to set them each time on the AP. Basically probably something you wouldn't mess with too much unless testing or track/strip.

xxbreezewoodxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Those are the additional options that you can have Ed enable. I had him on my S2 base tune but honestly haven't messed with them. These settings do reset after turning the car off/on so you would need to set them each time on the AP. Basically probably something you wouldn't mess with too much unless testing or track/strip.

I’m not sure this is correct. I think they stay active.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I’m not sure this is correct. I think they stay active.

They do stay active, but the user adjustable settings are not persistent.

-- Ed

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Hey guys. New R owner here, have some phase 1 mods planned and I guess I'm looking to guesstimate what kind of power I can expect out of the following.

Forge carbon intake
eBay majesty intercooler
CTS catless downpipe
Cobb AP with EQT base map

I have some other aesthetic things planned for phase 1 but phase 2 is going to entail the Vortex turbo, a DSG tune when Cobb supports the DQ381 and the necessary fueling mods to support 450ish whp.

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Hey guys. New R owner here, have some phase 1 mods planned and I guess I'm looking to guesstimate what kind of power I can expect out of the following.

Forge carbon intake
eBay majesty intercooler
CTS catless downpipe
Cobb AP with EQT base map

I have some other aesthetic things planned for phase 1 but phase 2 is going to entail the Vortex turbo, a DSG tune when Cobb supports the DQ381 and the necessary fueling mods to support 450ish whp.

For 91 octane e-tune with DP and IC Patrick at EQT indicated I would net around 370-380whp. With that said I did say I would rather sacrifice a bit of aggressiveness in the tune in favor of reliability since I'll be tracking my car. I see you are looking at the EQT base map so I assume you may be slightly less whp (but maybe not if you can get 93 where you are) vs a custom e-tune